• Playwire Ad Area

Anthony Noto Drama

flyingcement

I don't have any inside information on this and I don't know any of these individuals personally, so everything I'm saying I'm trying to do as respectfully as possible.  

But it appears as if Donald Cates' father has alleged the Anthony Noto was kicked of NC State for calling Donald Cates a derogatory name. 

Posts and video below via everyone's favorite Drama Minnow:

3 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Did he get hit for unsportsmanlike conduct?

They took the first of two team points away from Lock Haven after this match.  I was unclear as to whether the team point removed from NC State was related to the 125 match or related to Kai Orine's refusal to shake Gable Strickland's hand after the 133 match.  It was nasty stuff I was watching (but shamefully enjoying) 

• Fire 1

I can't tell anything from that video. It doesn't really match up with Noto allegedly going after Cates, though. If you were to just see that video, it looks like Pop is clapping in Noto's face and Noto starts talking shit. We would need to see video from before the start of this video to get the whole context.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I can't tell anything from that video. It doesn't really match up with Noto allegedly going after Cates, though. If you were to just see that video, it looks like Pop is clapping in Noto's face and Noto starts talking shit. We would need to see video from before the start of this video to get the whole context.

I could be mistaken but I thought Noto's comment about Cates was the reason for him being removed from NC State. His flexing here was supposedly getting his revenge or something.  

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Eh, looks to me like Pop was clapping in a different direction and Noto came over and stared him down. 

Seems like Noto is waiting to shake hands possibly while Pop is clapping and Pop turns towards him and just keeps clapping. Noto then gets agitated. You can here the ref say unsportsmanlike on both teams when he goes to the table.

• Fire 2

22 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I could be mistaken but I thought Noto's comment about Cates was the reason for him being removed from NC State. His flexing here was supposedly getting his revenge or something.  

Ahhh, was Noto at NC State previously?  I didn't know that.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Bet NC State doesn't regret giving Noto the ole heave ho!

This maybe be true but I bet Noto and Stevo are better options this year since their starter is med shirting so he can “win” next year.  I don’t see the current 125 doing better than either of those 2. 

4 minutes ago, Dynamic said:

This maybe be true but I bet Noto and Stevo are better options this year since their starter is med shirting so he can “win” next year.  I don’t see the current 125 doing better than either of those 2. 

Well Noto only beat him 3-1 so doesn’t seem like a huge upgrade.

He does seem to be off to a rough start this year but Trombley made the R16 at 133 in 2021.  Wonder how tough his weight cut is though

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well Noto only beat him 3-1 so doesn’t seem like a huge upgrade.

He does seem to be off to a rough start this year but Trombley made the R16 at 133 in 2021.  Wonder how tough his weight cut is though

Early season weigh cut was probably tough for both Noto also weighed in the night before as well for PSU I believe. 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:46 PM, flyingcement said:

They took the first of two team points away from Lock Haven after this match.  I was unclear as to whether the team point removed from NC State was related to the 125 match or related to Kai Orine's refusal to shake Gable Strickland's hand after the 133 match.  It was nasty stuff I was watching (but shamefully enjoying) 

I saw the last 20 seconds.  Stickland was rough on him with legs when Orine was flat.  Was there more than that earlier in the match?