• Playwire Ad Area

Bill Zadick to OU

SoonerKing

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Why doesn’t anybody offer Askren a job?  Seems he’d have a line on recruiting. 

I think he is on record stating that he's would only be interested in the Wisconsin or Mizzou positions. I'd like to see what he could do at UW when that job becomes available again. I don't view Bono as the future if he's unable to mend fences his Askren and can't really recruit that well nationally. 

9 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Because Bono won't sign off on it.  😉

If Asken really wants to be a head coach OU would be the perfect opportunity.  Go down there and prove you can turn it around and then you are ready to take over Mizzu or Wisky when available.  Most though think he's not head couch material and wouldn't work out in the university system.  

Edited by ionel
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Because Bono won't sign off on it.  😉

If Asken really wants to be a head coach OU would be the perfect opportunity.  Go down there and prove you can turn it around and then you are ready to take over Mizzu or Wisky when available.  Most though think he's not head couch material and wouldn't work out in the university system.  

The first time he couldn't help himself and ran his mouth about politics or crypto to a parent or a donor, he'd be tossed out on his ear.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

The first time he couldn't help himself and ran his mouth about politics or crypto to a parent or a donor, he'd be tossed out on his ear.

Well sure ... but who's gonna do that?  You think they'd fly Pendleton down for the job?  🙂

If Heflin is announced, this program is done.  He is a nice guy, but he has no idea how to run a program. Recruiting visits could not even be coordinated, complete chaos. They have F'd this thing up badly....At first it was, we are only taking a HC because we want an experienced coach. That cut most the best candidates. Then it was, OK, I guess we will call Kendric, he told them to F off. Now, it is settling for an asst coach that was already elevated too high in his position. Whoever said it, might be right.  With the move to SEC, they may shut this thing down and get rid of it.  It sure does not seem there was a ton of time and effort put into this thing.  Justin Leonard needs to get in the unemployment line. 

• Fire 2

21 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Because he is a visual failure. Does not look like a head coach and generally gives a sloppy look in public venues. Speaks better than basketball player Karl Malone - but that isn't saying much.

Appears half in the bag much of the time in interviews. Maybe a good wrestler but as the face of a Universitiy Sports Program he isn't making it.

• Fire 3

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

30 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

Because he is a visual failure. Does not look like a head coach and generally gives a sloppy look in public venues. Speaks better than basketball player Karl Malone - but that isn't saying much.

Appears half in the bag much of the time in interviews. Maybe a good wrestler but as the face of a Universitiy Sports Program he isn't making it.

So that’s how Cael does it.  Look like a coach. 

Edited by Offthemat

1 hour ago, AgaveMaria said:

It could be worse.
He could be seriously arguing on twitter with a parody account.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 19-40-46 Funky (@Benaskren) _ Twitter.png

22 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Given how hard Roselli worked the portal and recruiting in general, they will have a hard time finding someone who’ll bring immediate improvement.  

I wonder whether a lack of production at NCAAs after working the portal (with the aid of big OU wrestlong supporter NIL sponsorships) could've led to Roselli's departure.

15 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

I wonder whether a lack of production at NCAAs after working the portal (with the aid of big OU wrestlong supporter NIL sponsorships) could've led to Roselli's departure.

I believe so, but it looks like they took eight wrestlers to the tournament, five of which were transfers.  Compared to OSU, who took ten, none of which were transfers. Of course, with the Cowboy’s poor performance many of the boards are populated with calls for changing the coaching staff.  

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

What NIL? That cupboard is bare in Norman and it has showed for a decade and was exposed over the past two years.

• Stalling 1

i am an idiot on the internet