• Playwire Ad Area

Bill Zadick to OU

SoonerKing

On 4/22/2023 at 10:16 AM, Theo Brixton said:

I am glad Koll is staying at Stanford but it would be interesting to see what he could do at a school with the tradition and resources of OU.

Coach Mark Cody gave the U. of Oklahoma a try after turning things around so remarkably at American University.   Nowadays, it's not clear that he's happy that he did that...   Just sayin'....

On 4/27/2023 at 11:25 PM, Mike Parrish said:

I like what he says when he's talking wrestling.

The rest is pure cringe.

Agreed. Love listening to him talk wrestling, but he's got a lot of hot takes on the world in general. Pretty sure he even has his own crypto podcast. 

As far as being half in the bag, pretty sure Ben's as straight edge as they get. I recall hearing him say he's never even drank. 

On the coaching front, I think he'd be great aside from the fact he'd have to adhere to strict guidelines from a university. Keep his ego in check to please ADs and whatnot. I don't think he likes to conform and would peace out. Anybody know why he abruptly left the Wisconsin RTC coaching position? 

15 hours ago, Offthemat said:

It appears to me that the top team in the NCAA has lots of ego and the team generally conforms to the coach.  And it’s working. 

Shhhh... we aren't allowed to praise Penn State here otherwise the Karenfolk will freak out.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

28 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Shhhh... we aren't allowed to praise Penn State here otherwise the Karenfolk will freak out.

16 hours ago, Offthemat said:

It appears to me that the top team in the NCAA has lots of ego and the team generally conforms to the coach.  And it’s working.  But they suck.

That’s what I meant to say. 

• Haha 2

Nvm.  Unless Grad Transfers, I so believe there is a rule that doesn't allow followimg your former coach that same year.

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

So this is in time for some NDSU gents to hit the portal, yeah?

Their best guy (Franek) graduated HS from West Fargo and their next best guy (Caliendo) would be leaving for a worse training situation, in the same conference. I wouldn't expect much movement but I also didn't expect this, so time will tell!

Edited by GreenandGold
Can't spell

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Good hire, let's hope he can turn it around. 

He did servicably well at NDSU.  Never was in contention but did a lot of great development.  Hopefully a lot of the OU guys understand that and stay.  OU has had some solid classes lately amd he could do wonders.

• Fire 1

Just now, GreenandGold said:

There best guy (Franek) graduated HS from West Fargo and their next best guy (Caliendo) would be leaving for a worse training situation, in the same conference. I wouldn't expect much movement but I also didn't expect this, so time will tell!

Caliendo could go anywhere else in the country and would make bank on NIL.  Think of what Iowa or Michigan would be willing yo oay for three years...

• Fire 1

Just now, nhs67 said:

Caliendo could go anywhere else in the country and would make bank on NIL.  Think of what Iowa or Michigan would be willing yo oay for three years...

I don't disagree and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't finish his career at NDSU. If he does leave, I would see it being a B1G program as you mentioned. He has one more year to train with Franek and hopefully that is enough to keep him through this next season.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Caliendo for three years and Griffith bumps up for one more run? That’s a spicy UM team…

i am an idiot on the internet