• Playwire Ad Area

AJ Ferrari gets into confrontation with UFC athlete Kevin Holland

8 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

My first car...1974 Monte Carlo with a 350 4-barrel, when those carbs opened up that thing went...miss that car.

1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport with Cragar Mags color as below, added an under dash FM cassette player and new rear speakers, can't remember the specs on add ons.

1971-pontiac-lemans

• Fire 3

25 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I din't realize what a bunch of silver spooners were on this board. I had to share a poo brown chevy chevette that would intermittenly loose compresion with my brothers and sisters. There was never more than $2 of gas in that car.

Silver spooners!  l'll have you know i worked hard for that car and to pay own way thru college.  Me thinks ye know nothing🙂

I thought AJ held it together for the most part in both Masvidal incidents yesterday, but why is he hanging out with someone who has been in multiple physical altercations in the past? The risk is not worth the reward. Hope he still plans on wrestling ncaa

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

I thought AJ held it together for the most part in both Masvidal incidents yesterday, but why is he hanging out with someone who has been in multiple physical altercations in the past? The risk is not worth the reward. Hope he still plans on wrestling ncaa

Does he appear to be a kid who goes thru a quick risk reward analysis before engaging in an activity?  🙄

• Fire 3

On 4/6/2023 at 12:14 AM, Tripnsweep said:

I don't think he realizes how stupid he looks. 

this is the greatest summation of AJ ferrari in the fewest words possible.

(minus significant accusations that we shouldn't or deny)

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

My 1st car (not actually my 1st one, but the 1st one I bought with my own money.) Mine was white.

1968 VW Fastback - Air cooled 1600cc dual-carb rear-engine (see the fins above rear tire for air flow)

I thought it looked a little like a Porsche 911, at least from the front. Basically, a VW bug but way cooler and every bit as slow.

7854_d4f54352ad57_hd.jpg

• Fire 2

26 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

My 1st car (not actually my 1st one, but the 1st one I bought with my own money.) Mine was white.

1968 VW Fastback - Air cooled 1600cc dual-carb rear-engine (see the fins above rear tire for air flow)

I thought it looked a little like a Porsche 911, at least from the front. Basically, a VW bug but way cooler and every bit as slow.

7854_d4f54352ad57_hd.jpg

Was there really a reason to air cool the engine way up there in the great white cold north?

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Was there really a reason to air cool the engine way up there in the great white cold north?

Funny you should ask. I bought the car from a friends' parents - it was in the narrow alley behind their house next to the detached garage.

But it was the middle of the winter, so it was literally buried in snow. "Buried" as in there was no car to be seen, just snow. Had to shovel it out, and then borrow my Dad's Jeep (and my Dad) to pull it out and drag it home. It had just enough brakes to get it done - barely.

Thought it was the best $200 I ever spent. Months later... can confirm. 

On 4/8/2023 at 6:29 PM, ionel said:

1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport with Cragar Mags color as below, added an under dash FM cassette player and new rear speakers, can't remember the specs on add ons.

1971-pontiac-lemans

I see your 1971 and raise you my first car, a 1967 Pontiac LeMans.

Loved that vehicle. Got a lusty 10 MPG with old fashioned regular fuel. Surprised I survived those front seat lap belts.

1967 Pontiac LeMans | Coyote Classics

Edited by Voice of the Quakers
  • Fire 2

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

16 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

I see your 1971 and raise you my first car, a 1967 Pontiac LeMans.

Loved that vehicle. Got a lusty 10 MPG with old fashioned regular fuel. Surprised I survived those front seat lap belts.

1967 Pontiac LeMans | Coyote Classics

The 71 was very nice but if had a choice now, would prefer the 67.  🙂

Just now, El Luchador said:

That's the kind of car they would list radial tires and front disc brakes as high lights.

I bought it from my grandfather when I turned 16.  Car provided for a lot of great memories and never broke down on me once.  It also set the stage for a life long car philosophy for me. If you drive aggressively, it makes more sense to have a car you don't mind if it gets dinged up a bit.  

3 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Did all your first cars look as good as these pics? 

My first car was in bad need of a fresh coat of paint. 

Pretty close after a wash & wax while still in high school, bought used and car sat outside all the time, didn't wash & wax so much in college so little bit of paint fade and chips on the mags but Turtle Wax Color Back ... 🙂