• Playwire Ad Area

Grand Jury votes to indict Trump

Plasmodium

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

Gotta go to Cracker Barrell with @mspart first.

If there only was a Cracker Barrel here in Seattle area.   They won't allow it.   Too unhealthy and uncouth for the sophisticated folks around here!!!

However Chic-Filet has made an inroad here.   I haven't been there yet.   Had it in an airport in Philly? and thought it was ok.   Nothing special.   Lines for drive through are epic. 

mspart

God's chiken has a pretty damn good spicy sammich...

but...

the most important part...

the best cherry soda in this country...

i only drink soda when i hit a fast food joint and only from there and only the cherry soda...Roy Nelson Mma GIF

16 hours ago, BobDole said:

Whether Desantis likes Trump or not he surely acts like him and wants to be the supreme ruler. He's killing education in Florida and running teachers out of the state. I know that is a part of the big R plan, so every R will cheer for education only for the rich.

Desantis like the others are afraid of Drag Queens and kids reading books so much that they want to ban them permanently. 

He is smarter than Trump, which isn't hard to do, and knows how to work the system to get what he wants. If the R's want to win they know they need to have Trump qualities or his followers won't vote at all and they'll lose again. If they would have cut ties with Trump and moved the party a shade to the center they would capture many voters who voted D in the last election.

Come on bob...seriously...you are a smart guy...yet you spew misinformation left and right about Desantis..calling him a "dictator/supreme ruler".  You are blatantly lying about him "killing education" and that "R's only want education for the rich".  And even more so to say he is "afraid of Drag Queens" and " kids reading books so much that they want to ban them permanently."  These are so false and have been proven over and over that they are, yet you and others like Plasi and Vak keep spewing out that rhetoric.   I have asked questions like this so many times in other arguments and never get a response, show me where he is anti-gay...actual facts not some MSM site headline.  Show me where he has ever "banned a book".  Show me where he has ever made anti-drag queen comments.  Show me where he has ever said or done anything to "kill education".

The problem with conversations like this is people try to extrapolate out certain things about legislation and policy to meet a narrative that benefits them politically, or in some cases personally because they want all R's to be bad or all D's to be bad because that is what their side tells them to think.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  Desantis NEVER banned any books, he never passed any don't say gay legislation, he isn't killing education, etc., and to blame him for the property insurance debacle, because of hurricanes, is so ignorant I can't even believe I am mentioning it.  And I say all this not knowing if I would even vote for him if he runs for president...just can't stand people spewing misinformation.  I wonder how much better we would be if people actually left some of their emotions at the door and opened their mind to actual facts and reality.

• Fire 2

38 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Come on bob...seriously...you are a smart guy...yet you spew misinformation left and right about Desantis..calling him a "dictator/supreme ruler".  You are blatantly lying about him "killing education" and that "R's only want education for the rich".  And even more so to say he is "afraid of Drag Queens" and " kids reading books so much that they want to ban them permanently."  These are so false and have been proven over and over that they are, yet you and others like Plasi and Vak keep spewing out that rhetoric.   I have asked questions like this so many times in other arguments and never get a response, show me where he is anti-gay...actual facts not some MSM site headline.  Show me where he has ever "banned a book".  Show me where he has ever made anti-drag queen comments.  Show me where he has ever said or done anything to "kill education".

The problem with conversations like this is people try to extrapolate out certain things about legislation and policy to meet a narrative that benefits them politically, or in some cases personally because they want all R's to be bad or all D's to be bad because that is what their side tells them to think.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  Desantis NEVER banned any books, he never passed any don't say gay legislation, he isn't killing education, etc., and to blame him for the property insurance debacle, because of hurricanes, is so ignorant I can't even believe I am mentioning it.  And I say all this not knowing if I would even vote for him if he runs for president...just can't stand people spewing misinformation.  I wonder how much better we would be if people actually left some of their emotions at the door and opened their mind to actual facts and reality.

i might unlike this in a few minutes just so i can like it again...

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

It is also possible that people push and pass legislation in order to forward a hateful narrative.  Some people might even use legislation as a mechanism to draw attention to themselves and their own political ambitions.  Hell, some use actual, living human beings as unwitting props to loudly and publicly push their narrative.  Life is complicated.  Much like insurance and hurricanes.  Maybe second term DeSantis has fixed the property insurance issues in FLA.  Hope so since he bears responsibility.   If people think hurricanes  are the source of FLA property insurance debacles, they don't understand geography, history, insurance or the purpose of insurance.

16 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

My father in law always raved about the barrell so I gave it a try once. Once.

I used to love Cracker Barrel, but the last two times we ate there, it was not that good.   So I'm kind of in agreement.   But when someone mentions it, I remember when I loved it.

mspart

25 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

It is also possible that people push and pass legislation in order to forward a hateful narrative.  Some people might even use legislation as a mechanism to draw attention to themselves and their own political ambitions.  Hell, some use actual, living human beings as unwitting props to loudly and publicly push their narrative.  Life is complicated.  Much like insurance and hurricanes.  Maybe second term DeSantis has fixed the property insurance issues in FLA.  Hope so since he bears responsibility.   If people think hurricanes  are the source of FLA property insurance debacles, they don't understand geography, history, insurance or the purpose of insurance.

This is filled with no answers to any of my questions.  While I may agree with the sentiments of some of what you have written, please show evidence of Disantis doing any of these things since that is who we have been discussing...I'll wait....  

And since you clearly don't know how insurance works, I'll ask you AGAIN, tell me how Desantis is responsible for any of the "insurance debacles"...you brought up geography, history, and purpose of insurance, all of which Desantis has ZERO control over...unless Desantis now controls the geography of FL and how the ocean currents work, or what is or isn't covered under an insurance policy...I literally almost started laughing.  But, if you can somehow articulate how he is responsible for those things I'll listen.

49 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

This is filled with no answers to any of my questions.  While I may agree with the sentiments of some of what you have written, please show evidence of Disantis doing any of these things since that is who we have been discussing...I'll wait....  

And since you clearly don't know how insurance works, I'll ask you AGAIN, tell me how Desantis is responsible for any of the "insurance debacles"...you brought up geography, history, and purpose of insurance, all of which Desantis has ZERO control over...unless Desantis now controls the geography of FL and how the ocean currents work, or what is or isn't covered under an insurance policy...I literally almost started laughing.  But, if you can somehow articulate how he is responsible for those things I'll listen.

Disney was highly critical of the "Don't Say Gay" legislation.  Primarily because of the criticism it received from its own employees.  In response to that, the Fla legislation had a special session and passed legislation to dissolve the Reedy Creek district.  That was a dud because Disney pointed out the people of Fla would be on the hook for a billion in debt.  So, they redid it to effectively take control via a board of directors appointed by DeSantis himself.  That board exists and is chock-full very vocal anti-gay people.  In the background, DeSantis screams "No Woke! No Woke! No Woke!", which is a major part of his political agenda.

DeSantis personally orchestrated a cynical million dollar photo op transporting unwitting immigrants from TEXAS to an island 7 miles off the coast of Massachusetts.

DeSantis is responsible for the insurance debacle because it is a critical issue for the people of Florida and he is their governor.  That is self-explanatory.  Florida has a huge government insurance program.  Regulation plays a major role in insurance.  Florida just passed a huge insurance bill.  Maybe his policies and legislation will be effective and relieve their crisis.  He will be judged on it one or the other.

No one can be so naive as to think predictable weather events aren't or shouldn't be factored into insurance costs and expenditures. This is the entire purpose of insurance!  Everyone knows hurricanes are going to hit Florida.  That includes insurance companies - both public and private.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

I used to love Cracker Barrel, but the last two times we ate there, it was not that good.   So I'm kind of in agreement.   But when someone mentions it, I remember when I loved it.

mspart

I haven't been there in decades, but I recall a pleasant experience. Food was ok.  I grew up in the country, so the idioms and trite expressions were fun.  They had puzzles at the table, which I prefer over conversation 😁

4 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I live here.  He is doing all of these things.  You can @ me by the way, rather than just tossing my name in.  He's passed tons of legislation limiting people's ability to sue their insurer for failing to properly assess claims, he literally just signed a law restricting litigants ability to seek attorney's fees from the party they're suing, making them much less likely to get sued even further.  All this while insurance companies in the State are making record profits and, after the initial legilsation aimed at property insurance, guess how much property insurance rates went down?  Spoiler alert, they didn't.

As to education, teachers here are terrified.  Terrified of doing anything  that might cost them their jobs if one parent decides they don't like something in their lesson.  They're basically building towards totally demolishing public education and making it so that only the wealthiest citizen will have access to quality education for their children.  Books are currently being removed from the shelves in my kid's schools because ONE parent complains about it, all based on the legislation passed.  There was a book whose name escapes me right now that was removed for "review" because it described a gay couple kissing, and not in any particularly graphic terminology.  Just because the law written doesn't say "book x is now banned' doesn't mean it isn't designed to have that same effect, similar to ho the enhanced sentencing for crack cocaine in the 70s and 80s didn't explicitly say they were targeting black people, but...it had that effect.  And, by the way, that was part of the plan back then, too.

You're just a bad faith arguer in this case.  You say "show me evidence, but just not any mainstream articles" so what evidence do you want?  I gave you some anecdotal evidence of my experience up there, plus the experiences of people I know in the teaching and legal worlds.  Maybe that satisfies you?

• Fire 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:02 AM, Bigbrog said:

"Well now Trump can go to court to prove his innocence" - Nancy Pelosi  Can't make this stuff up.

I guess I have no problem with Trump going to jail if he broke the law.  I do think it is a political hit job but guess we will see.  Also, all the lefties rejoicing over this, a HUGE can of worms has just been opened...so I better not expect you all to be crying in your spritzers when power in the government switches and people like Hilary and other D's get indicted on things you all will claim are minor.

I will agree with you on this. I don't like that he was prosecuted on this one. I think there are other things that were MUCH more important and clear cut(The phone call to Georgia, possible tax evasion if, as it seems he lied about his assets to secure loans).

But if this is JUST about the payments to Stormy Daniels?

At the same time, lets not pretend this is unprecedented. They did prosecute John Edwards for a similar "crime." He was a prominent Democrat...still, not the same as President.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:39 PM, El Luchador said:

I actually think social media is a  fad. 

Is this wishful thinking or are you serious?

I had my family over for Thanksgiving and we told the kids, "no phones at the table." 

I look up while eating and my 79 year old Uncle, my Father(in his 60s) along with a cousin in his 50s, all glued to their phones.

People are like zombies. Try and take away a 14 year old girls Instagram or Tik Tok? They'll treat you like a rat gets treated in prison. Better go into the room with magazines tapes across your core, lets and protect your neck! 

We'd be MUCH better off if Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok were gone.

Anyone hear about the guy who just got shot during a "prank?" He'd go up to guys and just try taking their groceries and other such stupid shit. They'd check out(self check out) and he'd just start grabbing their bags and walking away...and other similar shit with their cars or...whatever.

Caught one to the gut, but he survived. Darwin lost that one. Kids eating Tidepods...and there are a lot of dumber ones, but I don't use Tik Tok. The TOS are terrifying. 

55 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I live here.  He is doing all of these things.  You can @ me by the way, rather than just tossing my name in.  He's passed tons of legislation limiting people's ability to sue their insurer for failing to properly assess claims, he literally just signed a law restricting litigants ability to seek attorney's fees from the party they're suing, making them much less likely to get sued even further.  All this while insurance companies in the State are making record profits and, after the initial legilsation aimed at property insurance, guess how much property insurance rates went down?  Spoiler alert, they didn't.

As to education, teachers here are terrified.  Terrified of doing anything  that might cost them their jobs if one parent decides they don't like something in their lesson.  They're basically building towards totally demolishing public education and making it so that only the wealthiest citizen will have access to quality education for their children.  Books are currently being removed from the shelves in my kid's schools because ONE parent complains about it, all based on the legislation passed.  There was a book whose name escapes me right now that was removed for "review" because it described a gay couple kissing, and not in any particularly graphic terminology.  Just because the law written doesn't say "book x is now banned' doesn't mean it isn't designed to have that same effect, similar to ho the enhanced sentencing for crack cocaine in the 70s and 80s didn't explicitly say they were targeting black people, but...it had that effect.  And, by the way, that was part of the plan back then, too.

You're just a bad faith arguer in this case.  You say "show me evidence, but just not any mainstream articles" so what evidence do you want?  I gave you some anecdotal evidence of my experience up there, plus the experiences of people I know in the teaching and legal worlds.  Maybe that satisfies you?

I know a lot of people that live there (about 18 people in various parts of the state) and each and every one of them have varying political views in terms of who they usually vote for and some are non-political...every single one of those people laugh at the narrative the MSM has portrayed in terms of what is going on.  Not to mention the facts don't match up to anecdotal evidence...which is anecdotal!!  So which group of people is more reliable??  Sorry, I'll rely on what I have heard, AND what I have learned by actually looking into these claims on various sites (that lean both ways).    Anyway, what you wrote just proves one of my points...you have done nothing but twist things to fit a narrative...none of his legislation banned anything or is anti-gay.  You can't claim he put "anti-gay people on the board for Disney" without proof...that is ridiculous!  You do realize that Disney got involved first, right, by calling his legislation "anti-gay"!!   Plus, I thought you lefties were anti-big corp...now you aren't?  

Anyway, I do believe I am not the "bad faith arguer"...you may want to look in the mirror.  I am the one that can honestly say that if Desantis has/had done any of the things you all claim I'd be the first one to be calling him out and "hating" the guy!!

Interesting, this MSM concept.  According to most who don't like MSM, pretty much the only thing not MSM is considered bat shit crazy by everyone else.  Sort of a self own, but not self-aware enough to realize it.

Edited by Plasmodium
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I know a lot of people that live there (about 18 people in various parts of the state) and each and every one of them have varying political views in terms of who they usually vote for and some are non-political...every single one of those people laugh at the narrative the MSM has portrayed in terms of what is going on.  Not to mention the facts don't match up to anecdotal evidence...which is anecdotal!!  So which group of people is more reliable??  Sorry, I'll rely on what I have heard, AND what I have learned by actually looking into these claims on various sites (that lean both ways).    Anyway, what you wrote just proves one of my points...you have done nothing but twist things to fit a narrative...none of his legislation banned anything or is anti-gay.  You can't claim he put "anti-gay people on the board for Disney" without proof...that is ridiculous!  You do realize that Disney got involved first, right, by calling his legislation "anti-gay"!!   Plus, I thought you lefties were anti-big corp...now you aren't?  

Anyway, I do believe I am not the "bad faith arguer"...you may want to look in the mirror.  I am the one that can honestly say that if Desantis has/had done any of the things you all claim I'd be the first one to be calling him out and "hating" the guy!!

LOL.  I live here.  Not just people I abstractly know.  I live here.  Again, I am a lawyer.  A person who deals with the law.  A person who reads statutes.

3 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Is this wishful thinking or are you serious?

I had my family over for Thanksgiving and we told the kids, "no phones at the table." 

I look up while eating and my 79 year old Uncle, my Father(in his 60s) along with a cousin in his 50s, all glued to their phones.

People are like zombies. Try and take away a 14 year old girls Instagram or Tik Tok? They'll treat you like a rat gets treated in prison. Better go into the room with magazines tapes across your core, lets and protect your neck! 

We'd be MUCH better off if Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok were gone.

Anyone hear about the guy who just got shot during a "prank?" He'd go up to guys and just try taking their groceries and other such stupid shit. They'd check out(self check out) and he'd just start grabbing their bags and walking away...and other similar shit with their cars or...whatever.

Caught one to the gut, but he survived. Darwin lost that one. Kids eating Tidepods...and there are a lot of dumber ones, but I don't use Tik Tok. The TOS are terrifying. 

I actually feel like it's hit it's peak. We've all seen enough stupid shit and scripted reality. People will continue to use the products of social media,  but it will begin to subside. I signed up some years back to see my son wrestle on a Facebook live broadcast.  I stuck around until I was turned off by the constant listening to every conversation and tailoring and add to whatever topic was being discussed. 

After learning that Robo calls were tied to my phone apps, I eliminated every app I absolutely didn't need. Those calls dropped to almost zero. I haven't been asked about my 20 year old cars warranty being about to expire in a year. 

56 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Well, when democrats push gender affirming drugs and surgeries for minors, and grooming them to think this is a wonderful idea, that is certainly not leading with kindness, do you agree? 

That is what the issue was with DeSantis and the so called Dont say gay bill.   Never did the bill say anything about gay.  What it said was there will be no teaching of sex, sexuality, or gender in classes K-3.   And that was the most horrible thing in the world to the D's.   Why is that, I'm sure you are asking.   Well, because that is called in other realms of thought, grooming.   We are indoctrinating the kids to think they can change their gender and this by the state.   This is not parents' call, strictly the State's call.   Well now it isn't the State's call and how sad is that?   Very sad from the Disney and D hubbub that this created. 

Since when are minors capable of making life long decisions?   Since never.   Yet, we tell them they can't drive, they can't drink, they can't own a house, they can't buy a gun, but by golly, they can take puberty blocking drugs that will affect them the rest of their lives and they can cut their breasts off and testicles and penis off and this will affect them the rest of their lives.   Do you not see a problem here?   That is why she said what she said.   It is not rocket science unless you are fully into the  idea that minors are fully intellectually able to make these kinds of decisions.   If they can for that, then these same people should be pushing them to drive cars and buy guns at age 11.   Of course no sane adult would do that, yet insane adults are clamoring for grooming kids in school to have them change their gender.   

One more thing, is that there is no changing one's gender.   You are what you are.   There is no changing that.   You can cut off and plug up and extract what you will but that does not change your gender.   Your choromosomes still tell the truth. 

If  a minor wants to change their sex, they can make that decision when they are an adult, but preying on minors for this purpose is ghastly and evil.  Just my $0.02. 

mspart

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, mspart said:

Well, when democrats push gender affirming drugs and surgeries for minors, and grooming them to think this is a wonderful idea, that is certainly not leading with kindness, do you agree? 

That is what the issue was with DeSantis and the so called Dont say gay bill.   Never did the bill say anything about gay.  What it said was there will be no teaching of sex, sexuality, or gender in classes K-3.   And that was the most horrible thing in the world to the D's.   Why is that, I'm sure you are asking.   Well, because that is called in other realms of thought, grooming.   We are indoctrinating the kids to think they can change their gender and this by the state.   This is not parents' call, strictly the State's call.   Well now it isn't the State's call and how sad is that?   Very sad from the Disney and D hubbub that this created. 

Since when are minors capable of making life long decisions?   Since never.   Yet, we tell them they can't drive, they can't drink, they can't own a house, they can't buy a gun, but by golly, they can take puberty blocking drugs that will affect them the rest of their lives and they can cut their breasts off and testicles and penis off and this will affect them the rest of their lives.   Do you not see a problem here?   That is why she said what she said.   It is not rocket science unless you are fully into the  idea that minors are fully intellectually able to make these kinds of decisions.   If they can for that, then these same people should be pushing them to drive cars and buy guns at age 11.   Of course no sane adult would do that, yet insane adults are clamoring for grooming kids in school to have them change their gender.   

One more thing, is that there is no changing one's gender.   You are what you are.   There is no changing that.   You can cut off and plug up and extract what you will but that does not change your gender.   Your choromosomes still tell the truth. 

If  a minor wants to change their sex, they can make that decision when they are an adult, but preying on minors for this purpose is ghastly and evil.  Just my $0.02. 

mspart

This!

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

Its amazing how smart educated individuals cannot see this. Its really not that difficult to understand. 

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

LOL.  I live here.  Not just people I abstractly know.  I live here.  Again, I am a lawyer.  A person who deals with the law.  A person who reads statutes.

LOL is right...you have lost all respect.  "Again, I am a lawyer" is your response...wow.  I don't give a rat's ass if you are a triple PhD in astrophysics, political science, and neuro medicine.  But keep on with your "I am a lawyer" b.s. bud...do you want us all to bow down or some crap and take your word for it because you are good at memorizing stuff and live in FL???  Guess you are the only one who lives in FL and you speak the only truth for all the residents there.  🙄   Geeze...get over yourself. 

Anyway, as I thought...you can't answer the questions.