• Playwire Ad Area

Can you predict your favorite team's lineup for next season?

flyingcement

If Kasak is the real deal, PSU could be pretty tough.

125: Howard/Nasdeo/Davis
133: Bartlett/someone
141: Bartlett/Kasak
149: SVN/Kasak
157: Haines
165: Facundo
174: Starocci
184: Truax/Barr
197: Brooks
285: Kerkvliet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

ILLINI

125.  Justin Cardani or Maximo Renteria

133.  Byrd is the Wyrd

141.   Danny Pucino

149.   Jake Harrier or Anthony Federico

157.  Joe Roberts or Anthony Federico or Luke Odom

165.  Lil Brawny

174.  Edmond Ruth

184.  Dylan Connell

197.  Thicc Brawny

285.  Luke Luffman

Luffman coming back from redshirt is a huge plus. Additionally, a lot of the ILLINI need to get bigger for their weight. This is the time to do that.

Also, in other news that @VakAttack can take back to the Iowa board, that little Ferrari weirdo is and was charged with ABGEN, which is Assault and Battery General. He will plead to that. He was never charged with ABDOM, which is Assault and Battery, Domestic Violence.

5 hours ago, Mizzou Fan said:

Steed looked really good in the early season matches (we saw publicly).  So did Seltzer.   Why wouldn't Hawks be the clear front runner at 84?  I thought he improved tremendously over the course of the season?  Re Seltzer, I thought he could have beaten out Brown if they needed to give up his redshirt season.  Not suggesting they should have replaced Brown, just sharing opinion that the the weights being vacated are likely to be filled by new guys that appear as good, if not better.  RELOADING FOR 24!

Hawks could be the front runner, I have no inside information. Between Hawks Harmon and Whittling one of them will be the starter. Could be any of the three. I think it will be Whittling, but I wouldn’t bet on that. 

• Fire 1

ILLINI
125.  Justin Cardani or Maximo Renteria
133.  Byrd is the Wyrd
141.   Danny Pucino
149.   Jake Harrier or Anthony Federico
157.  Joe Roberts or Anthony Federico or Luke Odom
165.  Lil Brawny
174.  Edmond Ruth
184.  Dylan Connell
197.  Thicc Brawny
285.  Luke Luffman

Luffman coming back from redshirt is a huge plus. Additionally, a lot of the ILLINI need to get bigger for their weight. This is the time to do that.

Also, in other news that [mention=10]VakAttack[/mention] can take back to the Iowa board, that little Ferrari weirdo is and was charged with ABGEN, which is Assault and Battery General. He will plead to that. He was never charged with ABDOM, which is Assault and Battery, Domestic Violence.

Is Kannon Webster going to be a 141 or 149 do you think? Wouldn’t be surprised if he could win that 49 spot right away if he’s big enough. Kids a stud.

4 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Is Kannon Webster going to be a 141 or 149 do you think? Wouldn’t be surprised if he could win that 49 spot right away if he’s big enough. Kids a stud.

Yes, he's an absolute stud! Beat Indiana's starter and a pretty good wrestler in Rooks to win a college tournament this past season. Thing is, he keeps growing. He's got huge LeBron James hands. 

I have no idea what weight he'll start at or finish up at in college. My guess is training table and lifting during a redshirt year, but Coach Poeta will bring him out to sparkle during a few duals.

Same thing with the other Who's #1 recruit, Braeden Scoles. Maybe he can get to 157, but I'm betting on a redshirt. He'll take over 165 after Lil Brawny leaves. The whole class is dynamite, but they'll shine in two years, I think.

PSU
125- Howard
133- Bartlett
141- Kasak
149- Van Ness
157- Haines
165- Facundo
174- Starocci
184- Josh Barr
197- Brooks
HWT- Kerkvliet

That's 114 returning points from Nationals plus Howard, Kasak and Barr.

Does Brooks really want to go up to 197? He doesn’t look that big and I would think he wants to stay close to 86kg. I’d guess he stays down and they bring in someone like Truax

Does Brooks really want to go up to 197? He doesn’t look that big and I would think he wants to stay close to 86kg. I’d guess he stays down and they bring in someone like Truax

Allows him to become a full sized 189.2lb wrestler.

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Brooks really moving up?

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

LU - best guess

125 - Bailey/Seymour

133 - McGonagle/Crookham

141 - Crookham/Hines

149 - Hines/Brignola/Bryant

157 - Brignola/Bryant Josh H is not getting an extra year although I would love to wrong about that

165 - Meyer/Frinzi

174 - Logan/Lawrence

184 - C Rogers

197 - Bears

285 - Taylor

Pretty good talent.  Probably short of beating Cornell.  Would like to see insiders with an early guess of Penn, Princeton, and Columbia.  I expect these might be the top 5 in the EIWA next year although I do not know the Navy and Army teams and pipelines very well. 

Harder to keep track of who might have another year left, but at Penn I think Zapf and Goldin are out of eligibility and not sure about Aratalona?  Penn has some interesting recent recruits - a lot of state champs (OH, NJ, NY and a high PA placewinner) who may be ready to step in?  CJ Composto returns I'd guess at 141 or 149 but will be interested to see.   Someobody must know something?

1 hour ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Hawks could be the front runner, I have no inside information. Between Hawks Harmon and Whittling one of them will be the starter. Could be any of the three. I think it will be Whittling, but I wouldn’t bet on that. 

Front what I heard at NCAAs and since, I would be surprised if it was whiting. I think Hawks or Harman. But who knows. 

I also think Harman would have more success at 174, but that could be a year before the opportunity presents. 

34 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Pretty good talent.  Probably short of beating Cornell.  Would like to see insiders with an early guess of Penn, Princeton, and Columbia.  I expect these might be the top 5 in the EIWA next year although I do not know the Navy and Army teams and pipelines very well. 

Harder to keep track of who might have another year left, but at Penn I think Zapf and Goldin are out of eligibility and not sure about Aratalona?  Penn has some interesting recent recruits - a lot of state champs (OH, NJ, NY and a high PA placewinner) who may be ready to step in?  CJ Composto returns I'd guess at 141 or 149 but will be interested to see.   Someobody must know something?

Penn:  Ferrante, Zapf, Artalona, and Goldin are out of eligibility.

Princeton loses their only real NCAA threats (Glory and Monday).  They have Marc-Anthony McGowan and Tyler Vazquez as big recruits.

Columbia loses Kazimir and Fongaro; most of the starters will be back.

Army/Navy/Columbia/Penn have no or lower-ranked class of 2023 recruits.

4 hours ago, jammen said:

Nebraska

125) Van Dee

133)

141) Hardy

149 Lovett

157) Robb

165) Wilson

184) Pinto

197) Allred

hvy) Andrews

Any smoke to the rumor of Pinto dropping to 174?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

Uh, even w/o Kasak, isn't the nits pretty tough anyway?!? 🙄

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

Penn:  Ferrante, Zapf, Artalona, and Goldin are out of eligibility.

Princeton loses their only real NCAA threats (Glory and Monday).  They have Marc-Anthony McGowan and Tyler Vazquez as big recruits.

Columbia loses Kazimir and Fongaro; most of the starters will be back.

Army/Navy/Columbia/Penn have no or lower-ranked class of 2023 recruits.

Looked at the on-line roster and all of those guys are listed as seniors for Penn so I assume out of eligibility.   Might be some recruits from before '23 that will be entering the lineup for Penn that were not rostered this year.  Cosgrove was a '22 recruit and I wonder if he might be ready for action next year.  Some other too? 

2 hours ago, Mhlm said:

Front what I heard at NCAAs and since, I would be surprised if it was whiting. I think Hawks or Harman. But who knows. 

I also think Harman would have more success at 174, but that could be a year before the opportunity presents. 

This doesn’t sound good. He split with Hawks this year and had a decent redshirt year. Is he behind in wrestling or have off the mat issues?

43 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Looked at the on-line roster and all of those guys are listed as seniors for Penn so I assume out of eligibility.   Might be some recruits from before '23 that will be entering the lineup for Penn that were not rostered this year.  Cosgrove was a '22 recruit and I wonder if he might be ready for action next year.  Some other too? 

I have no insight whatsoever into Penn/Princeton recruits who deferred.  A bunch of Penn (and Drexel) guys competed at last summer's U23 freestyle, but only Colaiocco and Miller (5th and 4th place, respectively) placed.

58 minutes ago, XiXiTiger said:

This doesn’t sound good. He split with Hawks this year and had a decent redshirt year. Is he behind in wrestling or have off the mat issues?

I don’t take too much stock in the splitting of the matches. I was at both tournaments and they’re teammates. If you watched the matches, the first one was definitely more action. The second one only one wrestler moved forward, the refs refused to call anything - again, teammates so not really surprising, one duck under won it after an entire match of backing up. 

I also don’t look at the records between the three much. They had very different competition for the majority of them. 

I think whiting is still figuring out college. Not having parents right there, managing weight, and a few other things. I’m sure he’ll get it worked out, after all, with battling for spots on the team, that can only make the team stronger. 

Harman has shown he’s a great teammate. Moves to weights where needed, works hard, is very dependable. 

Hawks had an injury senior year that ended up causing some other injuries. He put a lot of time in this season to really push through that and still competed for the spot. I think he’s made a big jump since January- again, I don’t necessarily go by the record when he had competition like Keckeisen, Coleman and Wittlake, and seemed to hold his own just fine. 

But again, who knows what will happen. 

9 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Eye test, I could be wrong, but is Sinclair going to break the record for shortest 197 ever? Guy looks 5’6.

I think he’s just wrestling fat and happy right now and we see him as a 184 in college. Could be wrong though.