• Playwire Ad Area

Give credit to Vito and Yianna for not jumping ship during Covid!

Wrassler

9 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Cornell was insane during the height of Covid …with contact tracing if you were even in class with someone that later tested positive a bus would show up and remove you and move you a quarantine hotel in the middle of campus, students weren’t allowed to go home without permission and they were denying all religious exemptions for the vax …so yea I’d say those disrespected his rights 

Having two kids of my own in different colleges then, I can tell you that was pretty much standard operating procedure - not just Cornell.

• Fire 1

On 3/24/2023 at 7:42 AM, LJB said:

none of those colleges knew any better...

they were just going off of the information they were provided...

no shenanigans there...

all on the up and up...

amiright??????

No, no, no. More conspiracy theories need not apply. We're getting to the end of that mess - that sleeping dog is just fine.

• Fire 2

When it came to Covid, people in charge lost all ability to reason logically, as well as any common sense they may have possessed.  And not just at universities either.  In retrospect, Covid wasn't the problem.  The problem was people in charge all too eager and willing to demonstrate their idiocy.

17 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

No, no, no. More conspiracy theories need not apply. We're getting to the end of that mess - that sleeping dog is just fine.

surely you did not type "conspiracy" with a straight face...

You Got Me Lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

24 minutes ago, Not134 said:

When it came to Covid, people in charge lost all ability to reason logically, as well as any common sense they may have possessed.  And not just at universities either.  In retrospect, Covid wasn't the problem.  The problem was people in charge all too eager and willing to demonstrate their idiocy.

The problem with "common sense" is that it too often falls to the lowest level; poor judgement, after all, is pretty common.  I'll go with an educated assessment every time, thank you.

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Red Blades said:

The problem with "common sense" is that it too often falls to the lowest level; poor judgement, after all, is pretty common.  I'll go with an educated assessment every time, thank you.

Ithaca is its own kind of special the policy's they use to solve problems are just absurd. Being a Cornell fan for me is solely to the wrestling team and not the university or the city itself.

1 hour ago, Red Blades said:

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Yeah, for fear of censorship.  For talking politics on a wrestling forum, or for being on the wrong side?  In the U. S. A. For crisakes.  

As for “educated assessment” I present:  https://gbdeclaration.org/

And then there is the rebuttal to "Great Barrington": When Scientists’ Arrogance Leads to Recklessness: The Great Barrington Declaration (usnews.com)

If Yianni and Vito transferred, I doubt we would have had the Covid deaths and long covid and they probably would hve been undefeated this year and likely would have split the '23 Hodge.  Think about it.  Quite a price to pay.  I hope it was worth it. 

40 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Oh boy!  Tell me; are you still wearing your mask?

I still see folks driving around town in their car by themselves wearing a mask.  All I can figure is they've got a Covid pocket trapped in their car.  Maybe open the windows and let it escape.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ionel said:

I still see folks driving around town in their car by themselves wearing a mask.  All I can figure is they've got a Covid pocket trapped in their car.  Maybe open the windows and let it escape.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw our president get off his helicopter and walk across the grass wearing one.  Then he took it off before he started shaking hands and giving a speech.  

8 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I saw our president get off his helicopter and walk across the grass wearing one.  Then he took it off before he started shaking hands and giving a speech.  

Covid bees buzzing around the White House lawn.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1