• Playwire Ad Area

Starocci to 165 for 24 a possibility?

One8alpha

Calling it now, Starocci doesn't win a title if he wrestles a limited season. It'll be a repeat of RBY this season, wrestling when he felt like it, cocky, unfocused, never pushing himself or improving. He won't get a 4th title with that attitude, nor will he deserve one.

Starocci knows Starocci better than anybody else. But I can’t help but think that he’s already lean at 174. Going all the way down to 163 (74kg) seems like it would be brutal. 

Edited by peanut
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Calling it now, Starocci doesn't win a title if he wrestles a limited season. It'll be a repeat of RBY this season, wrestling when he felt like it, cocky, unfocused, never pushing himself or improving. He won't get a 4th title with that attitude, nor will he deserve one.

I’d have to disagree there. It’s not easy staying on top once you’re there. 

11 minutes ago, peanut said:

Starocci knows Starocci better than anybody else. But I can’t help but think that he’s already lean at 174. Going all the way down to 163 (74kg) seems like it would be brutal. 

yeah, he would likely only be losing muscle to get there.

9 minutes ago, AOCStallsLikeAMug said:

I have never seen anyone look bigger than Starocci. His legs are massive. He’s a weight cut merchant, he doesn’t need any more of a size advantage 

Let me introduce you to Ryan Deakin at 157 last year...

• Fire 3

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

I'm waiting for Starrocci to start referring to himself in 3rd person before entertaining the idea he'll cut to '65 for NCAA's.  

I thought he was going to do it when he interviewed w/ Sparks on BTN. Sunglasses inside, the whole bit. It was great haha.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

According to Carter, his coaches "made me a monster."  This 3 time monstrosity has no need to drop down a weight next year- for what?  Nope, he'll coast right into the 2024 finals winning his 4th, and he'll do it with a smile all while being "cocky, unfocused never pushing himself or improving."

1 hour ago, Rassling said:

According to Carter, his coaches "made me a monster."  This 3 time monstrosity has no need to drop down a weight next year- for what?  Nope, he'll coast right into the 2024 finals winning his 4th, and he'll do it with a smile all while being "cocky, unfocused never pushing himself or improving."

One year ago, a lotta people thought RBY would beat Fix again and coast to another title.