• Playwire Ad Area

Carson Manville

insidecradle

About 5 years ( or so) ago, Wyoming Sem came out to WNY for a local HS tournament. I was quite impressed with Beau Bartlett, and always thought he would make the podium at NCAA’s someday. But even more impressive was a freshman named Carson Manville. Just wondering what happened to him? Did he wrestle collegiately at all?

When he did start competing again I think he had jumped from like 126 to 145 and struggled at first (still competed at a very high level, but lost matches he might have won before).

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 hours ago, insidecradle said:

About 5 years ( or so) ago, Wyoming Sem came out to WNY for a local HS tournament. I was quite impressed with Beau Bartlett, and always thought he would make the podium at NCAA’s someday. But even more impressive was a freshman named Carson Manville. Just wondering what happened to him? Did he wrestle collegiately at all?

https://pennstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/carson-manville-surgery-for-compartment-syndrome.232650/    Top post shows the rare surgery he had, he wasn’t heard from much after that 

assuming that is real...

fukn hell...

that was what they were doing to racers in the 80's for arm pump...

he should have got a second/third/forth opinion before allowing that to happen because now they are considerably less invasive...

People here at the time said it was comparment syndrome.   He put on a lot of weight and wasn't as good at the heavier weight classes.  

He was at a HS in Minnesota (Shakopee) in between Wyoming Sem (I heard kicked out for fighting a teammate) State College

He did not make it to states as a senior, he lost by DQ in the super regions in a match he was losing and being dirty (throwing punches - jaja).  

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6917279-189-lbs-semifinal-carson-manville-state-college-area-vs-brooks-gable-dallastown

He was #1 in junior high school for sure - and I remember him teching Pat Glory in freestyle when he was 3 grades younger and still in JHS .  

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5813903-126-lbs-m-patrick-glory-vs-carson-manville-banditos

2 hours ago, LJB said:

assuming that is real...

fukn hell...

that was what they were doing to racers in the 80's for arm pump...

he should have got a second/third/forth opinion before allowing that to happen because now they are considerably less invasive...

It also used to be a somewhat common treatment for a bite from a snake with hemotoxic venom (most of our North American vipers) when the got swelling got too intense. It has also fallen out of favor by the top snake bite experts, but is probably still used in places. 

• Stalling 1