• Playwire Ad Area

2023 Transfer Portal

3 minutes ago, Gus said:

Butler transferred to Rutgers. Picklo is the best of the bunch so he likely slides in wherever he wants (presumably 174) and Nacho/Carlson battle for 165 or go down. Hoose and Deanthony Parker both transferred in to OU this offseason and will be at 184.

And I believe Parker will RS this year

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Gus said:

Butler transferred to Rutgers. Picklo is the best of the bunch so he likely slides in wherever he wants (presumably 174) and Nacho/Carlson battle for 165 or go down. Hoose and Deanthony Parker both transferred in to OU this offseason and will be at 184.

Sorry meant Jared Hill, the actual starter for Oklahoma at 157... he is still there.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Sorry meant Jared Hill, the actual starter for Oklahoma at 157... he is still there.

Not to mention they have both John Wiley and Willie McDougald at 149 - I thought one would move up to challenge Hill.  Now we have Carlson maybe moving down if he can't beat Nijenhuis.  I am surprised Carlson wouldn't go somewhere with more of an opening.  Even Minnesota has a bigger opening with Sparks moving up.

Not to mention they have both John Wiley and Willie McDougald at 149 - I thought one would move up to challenge Hill.  Now we have Carlson maybe moving down if he can't beat Nijenhuis.  I am surprised Carlson wouldn't go somewhere with more of an opening.  Even Minnesota has a bigger opening with Sparks moving up.

I’d be shocked if 157 is a possibility for Carlson. Remains to be seen if Sparks is actually moving up, but the bigger reason Carlson is leaving I think is because neither him or Sparks can beat redshirt freshman Hunter Lyden.

I was really hoping NDSU for Carlson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

I’d be shocked if 157 is a possibility for Carlson. Remains to be seen if Sparks is actually moving up, but the bigger reason Carlson is leaving I think is because neither him or Sparks can beat redshirt freshman Hunter Lyden.

So what weight do you think Lyden/Sparks go?

Just now, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Manzona Bryant to UNC👀

I wonder how they will fit Manzona, Mastrogiovanni, Zerban, Busiello, and Fernandes all in the same lineup.

Yeah it's a lot and the group is hilarious.  I feel like the best way to round it out would be to throw in JoJo Aragona.  

Alirez has mentioned Olympic Redshirt.  I wonder if Manzona can suck down to 141? Zerban seems to be the best of this particular rafter of turkeys

4 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Manzona Bryant to UNC👀

I wonder how they will fit Manzona, Mastrogiovanni, Zerban, Busiello, and Fernandes all in the same lineup.

This guy, for starters, should not be allowed in the room let alone be on the team.

One down.  Figure the rest out.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Have you seen them wrestle? Leyden didn’t even wrestle last year.

The injury seemed to take a lot out of him. His gas tank was amazing before the injury and since he seems to gas by the end of the match.

Multiple freaky different injuries really took a toll on crucial developmental years for him. I think and hope he can still be a plus starter, but I am in the minority that I don’t think he’s big enough to be a 174.

5 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

gambling?...

I had considered that, but after seeing what the penalties were for the violations, it didn't seem like he would be forced to miss the whole season unless he was betting on wrestling which is not that easy to do in the first place.  

19 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I had considered that, but after seeing what the penalties were for the violations, it didn't seem like he would be forced to miss the whole season unless he was betting on wrestling which is not that easy to do in the first place.  

Are penalties stiffer for betting on your own school for the NCAAW basketball championships? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐