• Playwire Ad Area

2023 Transfer Portal

Minnow is going to claim Iowa is throwing out $750k in an attempt to 'StAy RelEvAnT iN tHe PoRtAl GaMe' just wait.

• Fire 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Honestly?  Would be cool to see him at Iowa or Michigan.  I would love to see him on a contending (for 2nd) team.  No matter how much Minnow tries to sell it, Rutgers is not relevant in the team races... ever.

Imagine Brands dropping to 157 and Griffith at 174.  Ha!

24 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Speaking of minnows (which means this may not be true):

Screenshot_20230502_165320_Facebook.jpg

He is a Michigan guy who was a NQ at 197 the year before this year.

He needs to be 184, imho.  I hope he flourishes wherever he goes.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Michigan offered Griffith $300 k? Tbh at is what mineo is saying. If so, that’s crazy that Michigan has all that money to bring in all these transfers 

Suriano got $250 and inflation is a bitch

i am an idiot on the internet

7 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Michigan offered Griffith $300 k? Tbh at is what mineo is saying. If so, that’s crazy that Michigan has all that money to bring in all these transfers 

I saw it suggested that it could be coming from Kelly Ripa/Mark Consuelos. Which I guess makes sense.   Speaking of I just noticed that Joaquin wrestled in the OSU dual last year and “only” got teched by Sheets, that’s not too bad.

Well I hope Michigan gets Rowley, Griffith, and Feldkamp, personally.

Rowley would give us at least three good years at 174 after Griffith is gone next year.

Griffith is obviously a former NCAA Champion.

Feldkamp is a Michigander and is an upgrade over Yatooma.

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I saw it suggested that it could be coming from Kelly Ripa/Mark Consuelos. Which I guess makes sense.   Speaking of I just noticed that Joaquin wrestled in the OSU dual last year and “only” got teched by Sheets, that’s not too bad.

Together they are worth over $150 million.

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

saw it suggested that it could be coming from Kelly Ripa/Mark Consuelos.

On the one hand it'd be their money so they'd be free to do with it what they wish.

On the other hand will the protective cocoons of helicopter parents ever end?

If they are trying to buy a championship team for their son, this would seem only somewhat worse than the Hollywood admissions scandal.  But with NIL, it seems a better tactic.  Marginal walk-on athletes with rich parents could be highly sought after commodities, all within the rules.

1 hour ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

On the one hand it'd be their money so they'd be free to do with it what they wish.

On the other hand will the protective cocoons of helicopter parents ever end?

If they are trying to buy a championship team for their son, this would seem only somewhat worse than the Hollywood admissions scandal.  But with NIL, it seems a better tactic.  Marginal walk-on athletes with rich parents could be highly sought after commodities, all within the rules.

This is only speculation correct?

In my opinion, I do not see this as protective helicopter parents, like you said they are able to do with their money as they please. Helping a program/university that your child attends does not seem like anything surprising. This case is different in that they have the means to supply a lot more money than most parents, but I would say 99% of parents on any team donate money to the program within their financial means. The athlete is not guaranteed a starting spot by this, actually, quite the opposite as they will bring someone in who is significantly better. Again, this is speculation but let's not say it's a helicopter parent when many of us would provide the same for our child had we been in their position financially.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

There's no place like home! 

What I meant was that didn't he say he wanted to make a run?  Did he say specifically say individual?

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Minnow has been putting "#there's no place like home" on his Griffith posts to entice him to Rutgers, 🤣 

I lurk on his Facebook page.  I have been blocked by him on Twitter for a while.  To see his posts I have to logout.

Shit I was banned on Twitter for calling Clinton either Hitlery or Killery back in 2016.  When I got called a rich racist white man I kindly responded with a picture of my beautiful mug with the hashtag #THUGLIFE.  I only recently was unbanned after Musk took control.

It took me 23 minutes to get blocked by that Masterdeleter.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Minnow has been putting "#there's no place like home" on his Griffith posts to entice him to Rutgers, 🤣 

He'd better be careful with that, Griffith might click his heels three times and end up at Pratt Juco.  

1 hour ago, JVStateChamp said:

it's a helicopter parent when many of us would provide the same for our child had we been in their position financially

I think in the definition of creating a protective cocoon that extends into young adulthood, financial position is implicit.

Trying to buy a son's membership on an NCAA Championship Team seems a bit much to me, assuming that's what's being done.

I guess growing up knowing what demographics were drafted into the Vietnam War (or proactively enlisted into the Air Force after seeing their low draft number), I've become sensitized to inherent inequities associated with this kind of parenting, perhaps more than some.

Again, it'd be their money and their choice.  And parents are free to raise their children with every advantage they can afford.  But it also could be contributing to the whole "adulting is hard" mantra of today.

5 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Trying to buy a son's membership on an NCAA Championship Team seems a bit much to me, assuming that's what's being done.

While I agree with what you are saying about "adulting is hard" making it easier on the child is not most beneficial in growth and development, every school is now trying to buy an NCAA championship team, and I do not see a difference whether the money is coming from a parent or someone that donates a significant amount of money to a program so that they themselves feel connected to the program in their way. But the overarching theme I do agree with. 

I suppose this mostly goes back to beating the dead horse of is NIL really good for NCAA wrestling, which I do not want to go down that rabbit hole.

Edited by JVStateChamp
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

I think in the definition of creating a protective cocoon that extends into young adulthood, financial position is implicit.

I guess growing up knowing what demographics were drafted into the Vietnam War (or proactively enlisted into the Air Force after seeing their low draft number), I've become sensitized to inherent inequities associated with this kind of parenting, perhaps more than some.

Again, it'd be their money and their choice.  And parents are free to raise their children with every advantage they can afford.  But it also could be contributing to the whole "adulting is hard" mantra of today.

Throwing him out there against Sheets doesn't really seem like "protective cocoon" stuff.  😮

• Haha 1