• Playwire Ad Area

2023 Transfer Portal

11 hours ago, Thumper said:

ASU would still need someone for 197 lbs and for 285 lbs as well IF Schultz takes the Olympic RS.   I could see them going to the transfer portal for someone for 133, 165, 197 & 285.

I don’t see a scenario where they get or even need both a 133 and 165. 

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

They definitely need a 65. If Schultz takes an ORS then need a real heavyweight too. Unless Zeke is just going to let it ride and put in all the chips for 2025.

9 hours ago, SunDevil said:

I understand your train of thought here.  Or maybe not.   I'm thinking you believe that Ysaguirre will drop down to 133 and that Teemer will move up to 165 lbs.   And the rest of the low to middle weight classes will be Figueroa (125) - Vasquez (141) - Parco or Ramos (149) - Parco or Ramos (157).  Correct me on what I have wrong here.

Honestly I am thinking Parco at 141 is far more likely than Parco at 157.

A peak performance team might be...

141 - Parco

149 - Vasquez

157 - Ramos

I am still not sold on Ysa being their best option at 133 either.  Chlebov is a legitimate NQ potential guy.  I say a good option is to let Ysa do his redshirt proper next season.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

I understand your train of thought here.  Or maybe not.   I'm thinking you believe that Ysaguirre will drop down to 133 and that Teemer will move up to 165 lbs.   And the rest of the low to middle weight classes will be Figueroa (125) - Vasquez (141) - Parco or Ramos (149) - Parco or Ramos (157).  Correct me on what I have wrong here.

I think they will need either a 165 or 133. I think it will be a 165 they need. I think Yas goes 133 next year. 

On 4/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, skandar said:

I can’t believe Eggum isn’t on the hot seat. 15th place…Couldn’t convince Gable to come back, couldnt keep his top recruit committed(Chittum), couldnt keep his best wrestler(Nagao), couldnt keep Ramos(outplaced every Gopher), rumors of Blockhus not coming back, being outscored by SDSU/Hahn right across the border…

Hard to blame Eggum for retention. NIL sucks.

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly I am thinking Parco at 141 is far more likely than Parco at 157.

A peak performance team might be...

141 - Parco

149 - Vasquez

157 - Ramos

I am still not sold on Ysa being their best option at 133 either.  Chlebov is a legitimate NQ potential guy.  I say a good option is to let Ysa do his redshirt proper next season.

Why would Teemer go to 165? He would go from title contender to R12 type at 165

2 hours ago, Gus said:

Why would Teemer go to 165? He would go from title contender to R12 type at 165

Does he intend to go 65 KG or 74 KG for his Olympic Gold dreams?

My bet is 74 KG.  That makes 165 make a lot more sense.

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Does he intend to go 65 KG or 74 KG for his Olympic Gold dreams?

My bet is 74 KG.  That makes 165 make a lot more sense.

I think dream #1 for most of these guys is an NCAA title. 

35 minutes ago, Gus said:

I think dream #1 for most of these guys is an NCAA title. 

Teemer went up to 157 from 149 during gis redshirt season because he didn't see himself being able to chase a 65 KG Olympic Gold.  74 KG was his goal.

Now you're going to make me chase down a 3-4 year ols interview.

Also, if you think for one second he isn't on the same tier as Quincy Monday, then you haven't watched him wrestle.

• Fire 1

46 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Teemer went up to 157 from 149 during gis redshirt season because he didn't see himself being able to chase a 65 KG Olympic Gold.  74 KG was his goal.

Now you're going to make me chase down a 3-4 year ols interview.

Also, if you think for one second he isn't on the same tier as Quincy Monday, then you haven't watched him wrestle.

I’ll take your word for it. I guess I worded that poorly. I think Teemer is a top 2 or 3 guy at 157 with a clear path to a title. I think he’s in the second tier at 165 behind Carr and O’Toole with a lot of other guys. He could finish 3rd or he could be a R12 guy. Griffith and Hamiti wrestled for 5th at this weight class this year. Kennedy, Ramirez, Kharchla, Peyton Hall, Facundo, Hall, etc all got beat out. It’s a deep weight class. I know that Teemer is a stud and I have watched him plenty. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Will be interesting to see how he looks after a year off from injury. He looked better in 2021 than 2022 IMO. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

19 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Will be interesting to see how he looks after a year off from injury. He looked better in 2021 than 2022 IMO. 

I am looking forward to it, too.  Him, Brayton Lee, David Carr, Shane Griffith, and Sammy Sasso were all in that 70 KG range a few years back and they were all going rounds.  I would love to see them all at peak performance making a push.

41 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He’s been healthy for quite some time now.  I’m not sure if he’s been trying to put on weight. But he’s been healthy enough to be training hard to do it. 

7 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Nagao and Truax to Iowa makes sense, 133 and 184 is wide open. Nagao gets great training partners (Spencer, Desanto, Real Woods), and Truax won't have to play "what weight are you going" with Aaron Brooks all offseason. Im just sayin..

The weight would be settled well before the season started.

Also Teske and Schriever are still at Iowa.

37 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The weight would be settled well before the season started.

Also Teske and Schriever are still at Iowa.

Sometimes wrestlers can be indecisive about weight during offseason and change their mind right before season, it can cause drama.  I don't think Teske or Schriever would give Nagao much trouble regarding the starting lineup

Nagao and Truax to Iowa makes sense, 133 and 184 is wide open. Nagao gets great training partners (Spencer, Desanto, Real Woods), and Truax won't have to play "what weight are you going" with Aaron Brooks all offseason. Im just sayin..

Truax won’t go to Iowa if he actually wants to win an NCAA title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk