• Playwire Ad Area

Humprehys from LeHigh

scourge165

What the hell was the LeHigh staff thinking at the end of that match not challenging?

Humpheys kicks out with 2 seconds left and is COMPLETELY free of O'Connor when time runs out. The refs on the match reviewed it on their own monitor, but they don't have all the angles they do up in the box and you can actually hear one of the refs say, "I can't see the time," and then "I think time was up," as they go back and signal no escape.

So why wouldn't they throw the brick and send the challenge upstairs where they have the same camera angles available?

Just curious if anyone else noticed that amid all the other matches going on.

1 minute ago, scourge165 said:

What the hell was the LeHigh staff thinking at the end of that match not challenging?

Humpheys kicks out with 2 seconds left and is COMPLETELY free of O'Connor when time runs out. The refs on the match reviewed it on their own monitor, but they don't have all the angles they do up in the box and you can actually hear one of the refs say, "I can't see the time," and then "I think time was up," as they go back and signal no escape.

So why wouldn't they throw the brick and send the challenge upstairs where they have the same camera angles available?

Just curious if anyone else noticed that amid all the other matches going on.

I thought the same. I figure they didn’t have one?

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, D3UC157 said:

I thought the same. I figure they didn’t have one?

Maybe? Or maybe they thought it'd been reviewed. 

The ONLY other conclusion I can come to is that the timer isn't exactly the same, but the way Coleman Scott was yelling at O'Connor, I think he knew he got away with one as well.

I had Humprheys and Haines in the finals, so I was really puling for that call!

1 hour ago, lu_alum said:

Topic was discussed on the Lehigh forum.
8ecf69de9b7e8a271866329e2b56558d.jpg
10c2cafce8e99f217a13087dafe0071a.jpg
754c4e73578832cf00e9a45ab1ce405f.jpg
8cbccf825000e64c5c984f69c2acad78.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems like they're at the same place we are...they're not really sure.

The "It's not an escape because you have to turn and face," he kicked out, rolled and was...5 feet away from him as the clock hit 0. That is a loss of control.

The refs, you can hear them say, "I can't see the clock," when they're looking at the review.

IF-IF the refs doing their own review is the reason and it's a "control of the mat," issue if you throw a brick, they need to fix that.

It certainly is possible that the clock we see isn't entirely accurate. That would make sense. He kicks away with ~2 seconds left, hits the mat at about one and is turning on his feet right at 0. So if the clock is 1.5 seconds off...fine. 

I hate the "the better Wrestler won it anyway," logic. You have ALL of this available, use it.

UNC fan coming in peace. O’Connor completely lost his brain at the end of the match (which is so rare for him). I genuinely would’ve been ok with the refs ruling that as stalling for 1 and an escape for 1. I do think O’Connor earned the win, but he also almost blew it at the end by just letting go of Humphreys leg. It would’ve been totally justifiable for the refs to send that one to OT and have them decide it there. 

Humphrey’s is a hell of a wrestler and I’m glad you guys got to watch him place 3rd this year. I do hate there was some controversy at the end of the semi’s match though. 

Edited by goheels1812
  • Fire 3