• Playwire Ad Area

Session V, Saturday AM discussion

CraigOR

12 minutes ago, Rassling said:

"Excuses are for WOOSIES" How applicable.  

All kidding aside - I think about the 100's if not 1000's of youth who look up to him. How are they processing him not showing up today?  Even if he can not walk - you get your "team mates" to lift you up and place you on the Iowa bench as a show of support for your "team mates."  There still is time for him to do the right thing before the day is over. Do it Spencer - if not for yourself but for those who supported you including your coach, team mates, fans, friends and family too! I'll be the first to commend you and I'm sure you be blown away over how many others will do the same around the nation. 

Holding out some hope he will be show up to back his guys in a little bit, but with no Iowa finalists he’s running short on time. 

Edited by MadMardigain

4 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Wow... didn't even realize this.

Trent Hilger of Wisconsin, who just toed the line w/ Schultz ASU for 7th/8th place just med forf. out to 8th...

IS a 4 X AA.

Quietly... but notably.

Wow... good for you Trent.

D3

Thor was consistently underappreciated due to the sheer awesomeness of the state of the modern heavyweight

i am an idiot on the internet

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Lol. The same people reveling in his loss, mocking him and his mother? He owes us giving 100% of what he had, which he did more than almost anybody every match.  He ended up coming up short in an unprecedented way, and people are going to lecture him on how they would handle it.  Priceless.

Lee doesn’t open anybody a thing. It’s his body and mind. I dare say nobody on this board has dealt with the same disappointment and have no idea how they would react. 

• Fire 1

I sometimes give Shane a hard time but I do actually appreciate that in these matches he’s always trying to say something. So many college match announcers will say nothing for 40 seconds and then be like ‘he’s got a takedown’ like we all didn’t just see that happen anyway. Sometimes what he says is very left field but hey he keeps the interest going the whole time. 

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

Holding out some hope he will be show up to back his guys in a little bit.l, but with no Iowa finalists he’s running short on time.  

I really want him to do it, not just for himself and those around him - but for the sport itself.  Being humble during a crisis situation builds character.  He has a huge opportunity to put the loss and what it means behind him and be better for it. I hope he does just that.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

There is one Iowa finalist. 

Sorry. Correct forgot out Woods for some reason.   But, I’d still like to see some connection with the guys he’s been with through the entire journey.  Who knows maybe he is behind the scenes right now and just not ready to fwce the crowd currently.  

Cardenas Vs Dean.  Cardenas with first TD.  Clean counter shot around corner.  Finished it well. Esc

Dean with a threatening hold off a scramble, Cardenas wisely bellies and Dean gets TD.  Finished period on top.  2-3

Dean picks down.  Out quick.  2-4.  Cardenas not winning ties. Not firing.  Does at end of period but nada.  

neutral 3rd.  Dean heavy on head again and again.  Jacob not firing .  Fires and misses.  Backs out.  45 sec.  Dean blocking off.  Meh.  Dean wins.  

2 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

I sometimes give Shane a hard time but I do actually appreciate that in these matches he’s always trying to say something. So many college match announcers will say nothing for 40 seconds and then be like ‘he’s got a takedown’ like we all didn’t just see that happen anyway. Sometimes what he says is very left field but hey he keeps the interest going the whole time. 

Not a better person for three days of nonstop announcing across 8 mats. But I bet Robles goes on a darkness retreat for a week after spending the last three days with a human can of red bull

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

I know it’s popular to dump all over Shane Sparks, but I’m in the opposite camp. He’s a guy that was forced into this by espn. He could’ve puckered up and did a crappy job with it, but instead he’s invested himself in wrestling and he’s become a fan of the sport. I’ll be the first to admit some of his interviews are awkward (and I’m sure espn makes him do them), but I’ll take it over someone being forced to do it and not caring about wrestling at all. I respect that Sparks took this in stride and decided to become one of us. 

• Fire 5

12 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Holding out some hope he will be show up to back his guys in a little bit, but with no Iowa finalists he’s running short on time. 

REALlly?  You WOODS be wise to check again......

Edited by Holtfan

Heh, as for yours truly, I'm not a nit fan.

And as Cornell is a "thorn-in-the-side" rival to LEHIGH, grudgingly, have to give props to them.

BUT... like it or not, Dean's a 4 X'er AA as well (not to mention runner-up & Champ.)

Props to him... grudgingly. 😏

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

I know it’s popular to dump all over Shane Sparks, but I’m in the opposite camp. He’s a guy that was forced into this by espn. He could’ve puckered up and did a crappy job with it, but instead he’s invested himself in wrestling and he’s become a fan of the sport. I’ll be the first to admit some of his interviews are awkward (and I’m sure espn makes him do them), but I’ll take it over someone being forced to do it and not caring about wrestling at all. I respect that Sparks took this in stride and decided to become one of us. 

Shane Sparks LOVES this sport and we need 100 more of him to elevate this sport to a level we all know it deserves.

• Fire 4

6 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Shane is a former wrestler, real name Shane Nebl. Love his enthusiasm. It would also be fun to go to dinner with him and Gibbons.

• Fire 1

Sparks and Gibbons go out to dinner.

Gibbons: (in low voice) well, this is just a great menu. I think I will order the broccoli. Now listen, a serving of broccoli has more protein than a serving of steak, okay? Really delicious stuff.

Sparks: AND PROTEIN IS WHAT WE ALL NEED, THE VEGETABLE OF WINNERS. BRODDOCRIS AS WE CALL IT WHERE I'M FROM! LOVE THE LITTLE TREES, LOVE THE GREEN, JUST LOOK AT THOSE TENDER GREENS. EVERYONE SHOULD EAT THEM

Gibbons: well, I've never heard anyone call them "broddocris" before. But look at this, in the past this chef used to do crazy backflips with the broccoli, get a little too fancy. He's focused on the fundamentals, now he's got a solid broccoli dish. Just great work by the chef.

Sparks: AND A GREAT DISH IT IS! AT THIS LEVEL, THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD DISHES, EVERYTHING'S A WINNER. BUT LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THAT TABLE THERE, SOMEONE IS RETURNING THEIR BROCCOLI! JUST AN INCREDIBLE PLATE RETURN

(etc.)

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1