• Playwire Ad Area

Annual Fire the Coaches Threads

scorenomore

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Hayes AAed last year and Aliello was r12 , he had a finalist like 5 6 years ago with DeCamillio and I saw an stat that like 90 something percent of the guys he brings in graduate for Virginia so I think he’s ok for awhile 

Yeah, he may be because by all accounts he’s a good guy that cares about the right things. Wasn’t Mueller a finalist in like 2018 ish too? I don’t think they’ve had anyone else relevant to that extent on a national stage since Mueller. I still think they should be a least a little more competitive on the mat, but I also realize there are bigger things in life than wrestling and Steve seems to get all of those things right. 

Just now, goheels1812 said:

Yeah, he may be because by all accounts he’s a good guy that cares about the right things. Wasn’t Mueller a finalist in like 2018 ish too? I don’t think they’ve had anyone else relevant to that extent on a national stage since Mueller. I still think they should be a least a little more competitive on the mat, but I also realize there are bigger things in life than wrestling and Steve seems to get all of those things right. 

Yes mueller lost to Lee in the finals , so 2 finalists in 6 years in pretty damn good at Virginia , mueller also AAed 2 other times , DeCamillio was r12 3 times before his finals run, Hayes was r12 before he AAed , Aiello was r12 twice and McCoy once , they had sulzer (3x AA)before that  so they’ve consistently had 1-2 guys every year AAing or right there I don’t think he leavs Virginia until he wants too 

Well Cael has built quite a dynamo at Penn St. which is going to be very difficult for other teams to overcome. And I bring this up because even if you sent some of these current head coaches packing, the new coaches and staff will still have to deal with the monumental obstacle of Penn St. 

3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Not a fan of Eggum but he’s done a solid job , lost gable, McKee might have the HEW but still got 2 AAs and another few in the R12 ,unfortunately they couldn’t keep Chittum but I don’t think he deserves the axe 

2 AAs, neither being too 4, for that program is not good. Keeping guys motivated, on the team, and keeping recruits is all part of the coaches job. They just got beat by South Dakota State by a coach that wanted the MN job.

3 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Not a fan of Eggum but he’s done a solid job , lost gable, McKee might have the HEW but still got 2 AAs and another few in the R12 ,unfortunately they couldn’t keep Chittum but I don’t think he deserves the axe 

2 AAs, neither being too 4, for that program is not good. Keeping guys motivated, on the team, and keeping recruits is all part of the coaches job. They just got beat by South Dakota State by a coach that wanted the MN job.

15 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Stave Garland’s seat should at least be a little toasty. Virginia is terrible. Their “rival” VT is lightyears ahead of them. Since Jack Meuller they haven’t had any wrestler contending at a high level nationally (that I can remember at least). 

Surprising how good VT is.  Almost funny now to think that Brands leaving almost killed the program. Him staying really might have 

• Fire 1