• Playwire Ad Area

Session III, Friday AM Discussion

Perry

Just overheard Bono saying something to the line of 'Let's get healthy and shock them all next year.' to which Gomez said 'I don't know man.'

• Fire 1
  • Stalling 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

6 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

Gomez decked. Rough ending but what an entertaining career

I had him going all the way during the regular season. He beat some of the best over the years and is a lot of fun to watch. For me he'll go down as one of the most exciting and toughest wrestlers ever.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, balsamicarugula said:

These coaches got me f**ked up 😂 Zach Sanders telling the ref that Dean Peterson "stalled his a** off" and Damion Hahn yelling during the Gallagher match

How did they not call Gallagher for stalling when he was running out of bounds there? 

• Fire 1

Oklahoma State with a pathetic showing.  

Witcraft, Young, Voinovich, Gfeller, Sheets, Wittlake, Surber, and Doucette combined for 5 points.  That's 8 wrestlers and 5 points.  All 8 are eliminated.  I wonder if any team has ever had 8 guys eliminated in the first 3 sessions.  I wonder if this will be the lowest team score by a team that brought 10.

Plott is in the round of 12 tonight after getting pinned in the quarters in the first period by a cow catcher.

Fix is in the semis.  

Sad ending for John Smith, but I think it's probably time for a change. 

Edited by boconnell
  • Stalling 1

4 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Witcraft, Young, Voinovich, Gfeller, Sheets, Wittlake, Surber, and Doucette combined for 5 points.  That's 8 wrestlers and 5 points.  All 8 are eliminated.  I wonder if any team has ever had 8 guys eliminated in the first 3 sessions. 

Plott is in the round of 12 tonight after getting pinned in the quarters in the first period by a cow catcher.

Fix is in the semis.  

Gfeller had a poor showing at this tournament. Young had a very banged up knee. Wittlake had the misfortune of Finesilver getting upset in the first round. The rest of the guys were low seeds.

6 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Witcraft, Young, Voinovich, Gfeller, Sheets, Wittlake, Surber, and Doucette combined for 5 points.  That's 8 wrestlers and 5 points.  All 8 are eliminated.  I wonder if any team has ever had 8 guys eliminated in the first 3 sessions. 

Fix is in the semis.  

3 minutes ago, Gus said:

Gfeller had a poor showing at this tournament. Young had a very banged up knee. Wittlake had the misfortune of Finesilver getting upset in the first round. The rest of the guys were low seeds.

We will see what John does with his team the next couple years. They have some big recruits coming in. The AJ Ferrari situation has made OK State more turbulent than normal the last couple years.

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

Fix is in the semis.  

What's our excuse at NU? 2 AA's eliminated early in consi's to lower ranked guys, guys just looking flat and tired. 

4 returning past AA's, lucky if we get one!