• Playwire Ad Area

Ranking tournaments during regular season to help with seeding

One8alpha

Would having the CKLV, Southern Scuffle and Midlands as ranking Tournaments during the season be beneficial?  It would certainty increase participation if they held the same weight percentage as say conference placements.   It would also incentivize teams to wrestle starters.   

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, One8alpha said:

Would having the CKLV, Southern Scuffle and Midlands as ranking Tournaments during the season be beneficial?  It would certainty increase participation if they held the same weight percentage as say conference placements.   It would also incentivize teams to wrestle starters.   

Interesting idea

4 hours ago, One8alpha said:

It might make sense, if possible, to spread them out a bit.  One around Thanksgiving, one around X-mas/New Year and one toward (at) the end of the dual season.

2 hours ago, peanut said:

Things I'd like to see:

• Ranking tournaments that factor into NCAA seeds
  • Step out rule
  • Stand ups after one minute of riding with no points scored
  • Riding time serves only as a tiebreaker (which means no more OT)

These are intriguing. I knew there was something special about you, peanut

7 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

These are intriguing. I knew there was something special about you, peanut

I thought you guys had met and that he had crushed you.... 

bad joke....really bad joke...

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

10 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Where do we seed Brooks if he doesn't wrestle in those events? Even though we know he's the best wrestler in the weight class...

I think he would wrestle in one of the events to garner seed points.  Outliers are always possible.  I do not think the Brook types care what their seed is.  The NCAA needs to have seed weight in end of year rankings done by an unbiased committee.   

A ranking series of tournaments would be interesting, but not all guys go to all tournaments, and not all tournaments are the same strength. Not sure how you can "require' all wrestlers to compete in one of three or four ranking tournaments. I like the idea, just not sure how that plays out in reality. I would like to say that it plays itself out as one of the criteria in seeding, but it still wouldn't keep the top guys from not competing. It might be a disservice if a guy like RBY, who said at the beginning he was wrestling a limited schedule,  gets the 15th seed based on criteria - so you end up with a #2 seed vs the best guy in the bracket in round 2.

One change I would like to see is the MEDFFT. There needs to be some sort of penalty, such as missing the next date on the schedule because you truly are hurt. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 hours ago, One8alpha said:

I think he would wrestle in one of the events to garner seed points.  Outliers are always possible.  I do not think the Brook types care what their seed is.  The NCAA needs to have seed weight in end of year rankings done by an unbiased committee.   

Cael and brooks knew the seeding rules going in.  They chose not to wrestle enough matches right?   They are not complaining about this…. Butt hurt fans are.  

Same same with ranking tourneys.    People competing for world titles skip ranking tourneys all the time.  Nothing but complaining about world seeds cause so and so didn’t attend this or that event.   

Over legislation of wrestling is what’s killing wrestling.  We have new seeding rules… because folks whined to much about the common sense seeding that used to exist.  Complaining about seeds is as old as earth.  

unbiased committee ?  Where would one find one of these lol.   

Edited by Caveira
  • Fire 1