• Playwire Ad Area

Askren's "cheating allegation" that Flo wouldn't discuss

On FRL yesterday, Askren brought up a "rumor" that he had been made aware of.  Pyles cut him off and said that he didn't want to deal with the damage control that comes with "cheating allegations."  Askren dropped it, somewhat reluctantly.  It seemed they were talking about 125, perhaps highly seeded, maybe EIWA?  Anyone have any clues?

44 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Are you insinuating that Patrick Glory was granted a double-secret 17 pound weight allowance by the NCAA?

I'm not insinuating anything, but I am curious as to what Askren was insinuating.  My guess is you may be on to something based upon what the Flo Bros were discussing when Ben brought up the "rumor."

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

On FRL yesterday, Askren brought up a "rumor" that he had been made aware of.  Pyles cut him off and said that he didn't want to deal with the damage control that comes with "cheating allegations."  Askren dropped it, somewhat reluctantly.  It seemed they were talking about 125, perhaps highly seeded, maybe EIWA?  Anyone have any clues?

I was confused by that as well.  Weren't they talking about Oklahoma State just prior?

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I was confused by that as well.  Weren't they talking about Oklahoma State just prior?

If Fix was the one who needed the ubler secretos 17lbs he should have just gonr 141(149?).

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

If Fix was the one who needed the ubler secretos 17lbs he should have just gonr 141(149?).

Honestly my first thought was a different kind of cheating but like I said was I was confused...I know there was some sort of rumor involving Mastro and a Ferarri's GF and/or sister...

20 minutes ago, Gus said:

I think the rumor Askren was referencing could be that Mastro quit the team to run the Zoo that his family purchased.

They reference that zoo fact from time to time.  This was something else that Pyles didn't want Askren to talk about because Pyles was worried about the fallout.  "Cheating allegations" was a term that was used.  

1 hour ago, Gus said:

I think the rumor Askren was referencing could be that Mastro quit the team to run the Zoo that his family purchased.

I have heard good things about family run "zoos" in the state of Oklahoma.

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, BobDole said:

I have heard good things about family run "zoos" in the state of Oklahoma.

Its a new trend, not just Oklahoma, everybody want to have their own "zoo."  

The Zoo

Where animals go to play

😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Its a new trend, not just Oklahoma, everybody want to have their own "zoo."  

The Zoo

Where animals go to play

😉

That's Bob Dole's Zoo of untamable animals and others that owe me $1000 per a bet. It appears as if others have not heeded the warnings and keep feeding those animals.

45 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

What is amazing is any sort of social media/media outlet would not report on rumors or hearsay without all the facts...I thought that was the MO for all media outlets including MSM?!?!

Correct, that is what happened here unless you consider Ben Askren to be media, and even he seems to be learning.  He said “can I talk about the rumor I just heard” and Pyles said no