• Playwire Ad Area

Seeding committee just did to PSU what a few journalists did for the KC Chiefs

tap-in-bogey

Cael can now do what Andy Reid did pre-Super Bowl- he somehow convinced the team with the best player and who had been a favorite all year long that "NO ONE BELEIVES IN YOU!"  I imagine Cael whispering in Brooks, Dean and Kerk ear, "they think you're washed.  They don't think you can beat [insert random name]. No one believes in you ..... but I do!"

Un

1 hour ago, tap-in-bogey said:

Cael can now do what Andy Reid did pre-Super Bowl- he somehow convinced the team with the best player and who had been a favorite all year long that "NO ONE BELEIVES IN YOU!"  I imagine Cael whispering in Brooks, Dean and Kerk ear, "they think you're washed.  They don't think you can beat [insert random name]. No one believes in you ..... but I do!"

Un

I don't think that is his style. In years past when they asked him about a seed (maybe Berge?) he responded, "he got what he earned". And RBY said Cael told him right before his first final, "In 10 years no one will remember this." He is more about taking pressure off than piling it on or playing the us against the world, no one believed we could do it card.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

15 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I don't think that is his style. In years past when they asked him about a seed (maybe Berge?) he responded, "he got what he earned". And RBY said Cael told him right before his first final, "In 10 years no one will remember this." He is more about taking pressure off than piling it on or playing the us against the world, no one believed we could do it card.

Agreed.  It's not his style. 

However, while he counsels the big picture, including the importance of play and enjoyment, he is also extremely competitive, and the seeming laid back approach can sometimes mask how much winning is part of the game.

I think Cael might find accord with the message of the Bhagavad Gita:  focus on your actions, not the fruits (consequences) of your actions.

Lessons from the Gita: Don't Eat the Fruit - Integral Yoga Magazine

• Fire 1

Agreed.  It's not his style. 
However, while he counsels the big picture, including the importance of play and enjoyment, he is also extremely competitive, and the seeming laid back approach can sometimes mask how much winning is part of the game.
I think Cael might find accord with the message of the Bhagavad Gita:  focus on your actions, not the fruits (consequences) of your actions.

krishna_preaching_bhagvad_gita.jpg

Never thought I’d see Krishna quoted here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

that may be what he said in public...

17 hours ago, SocraTease said:

I think this is more up Cael's alley 

“Sometimes the Lord brings us low before he can lift us higher.”― Joseph Smith Jr.

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

8 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I think this is more up Cael's alley 

“Sometimes the Lord brings us low before he can lift us higher.”― Joseph Smith Jr.

I think the actual quote was:

"Sometimes the Lord brings you low, the rest of the times it is my ankle pick." - Cael Sanderson

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

19 hours ago, tap-in-bogey said:

Cael can now do what Andy Reid did pre-Super Bowl- he somehow convinced the team with the best player and who had been a favorite all year long that "NO ONE BELEIVES IN YOU!"

It wasn't a fabrication. When Tyreek left, many of the pundits were saying the chiefs wouldn't even make the playoffs due to an underwhelming defense and and offense that only had Mahomes and Kelce.

4 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

It wasn't a fabrication. When Tyreek left, many of the pundits were saying the chiefs wouldn't even make the playoffs due to an underwhelming defense and and offense that only had Mahomes and Kelce.

But at the same time they weren't written off.  They came into the season at 11-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and were one of the favorites. 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

But at the same time they weren't written off.  They came into the season at 11-1 odds to win the Super Bowl and were one of the favorites. 

True. But the odds makers aren't as dumb as the pundits, some of which were claiming the Raiders, Chargers, and/or Broncos would finish ahead if the Chiefs in the AFC West. It's those claims the Chiefs were reacting to, not some Andy Reid Jedi mind trick.