• Playwire Ad Area

Best Looking Gym Ceiling?

PencilNeck

28 minutes ago, Red Blades said:

I've spent a great deal of time studying this, but only on the hight school level.

Back when I was wrestling in HS in Morris Co. NJ, we had a local newspaper sports writer who had a HS wrestling column: Never Look Up at the Ceiling. The sport writer's name was Dan Castelano. Those who wrestled around the area in the early to mid 70's may remember him well.

D3

46 minutes ago, Jim L said:

In high school, we wrestled a team that had "If you can read this, you are getting pinned by a TEAM X wrestler" banner on the ceiling

We got crushed and many of our guys got in some reading that day.

I remember back when I attended wrestling camp at the Naval Academy (Ed Peery ran the program), they had a huge sign up inthe wrestling room in McDonough Hall,"If you can read this YOU ARE PINNED!"  

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Not134 said:

BOK Center, what say you Spencer Lee?

OMG that is soooo funny…if that joke wasn’t made ten trillion times in this post alone!  But wow, super funny and thank you so much for coming up with something original for once.  It’s so hard to find originality on these boards, so bravo!

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2023 at 2:38 PM, Red Blades said:

I remember back when I attended wrestling camp at the Naval Academy (Ed Peery ran the program), they had a huge sign up inthe wrestling room in McDonough Hall,"If you can read this YOU ARE PINNED!"  

fictional movie, but also seen in the excellent film Win Win

9 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

OMG that is soooo funny…if that joke wasn’t made ten trillion times in this post alone!  But wow, super funny and thank you so much for coming up with something original for once.  It’s so hard to find originality on these boards, so bravo!

Calm down man. I laughed. 

I can't believe people have to "rag" on Spencer Lee, here, or anywhere....most people will never know the greatness Spencer has reached....not even close!  Not a Hawkeye fan, but I do respect Spencer.  He's someone anyone would want to represent their program.  U have the feeling his knees are so bad that he will never compete again.  Fadz

• Fire 4

On 3/23/2023 at 12:48 PM, Fadzaev2 said:

I can't believe people have to "rag" on Spencer Lee, here, or anywhere....most people will never know the greatness Spencer has reached....not even close!  Not a Hawkeye fan, but I do respect Spencer.  He's someone anyone would want to represent their program.  U have the feeling his knees are so bad that he will never compete again.  Fadz

You are right. But, just like Ed Banach - all the buildup and hype are too much to ignore when the final result on the mat is a loss like they took.

• Fire 2

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

14 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

You are right. But, just like Ed Banach - all the buildup and hype are too much to ignore when the final result on the mat is a loss like they took.

WOW.....what a match that was .....1982.....Banach vs. Schultz.....I still consider that one of the greatest college matches of all time....remember it like yesterday....good one!!

7 hours ago, Fadzaev2 said:

WOW.....what a match that was .....1982.....Banach vs. Schultz.....I still consider that one of the greatest college matches of all time....remember it like yesterday....good one!!

Oh, I agree...

(Check it out:)

cheers!

D3