• Playwire Ad Area

Congrats to Nebraska on their first Big 10 champ in 8 years

VakAttack

8 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Watch out, Vak. The corn huskers are coming. They have 6 certified horses in the stable (plus 1 blazing pinto).

the-sky-horse-running-the-herd-wallpaper

🚗 🔥 

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I do think there is a small chance that Nebraska has more finalists than Iowa at NCAAs. I'm actually rooting for Allred.

For sure possible.  Iowa has potential finalists of Lee (high probability), Woods (very good probability), Warner (low probability), and Cassioppi (low probability).  Nebraska has possible finalists in Robb (decent probability, but I wouldn't pick it),  Labriola (decent probability, but I'd probably pick Mekhi to reverse the previous result), and Allred (as good a shot as many of the guys at this wide open weight).  If you want to argue Cronin or Hardy as possible finalists, that's fine, but I would put the probability as extremely low.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

For sure possible.  Iowa has potential finalists of Lee (high probability), Woods (very good probability), Warner (low probability), and Cassioppi (low probability).  Nebraska has possible finalists in Robb (decent probability, but I wouldn't pick it),  Labriola (decent probability, but I'd probably pick Mekhi to reverse the previous result), and Allred (as good a shot as many of the guys at this wide open weight).  If you want to argue Cronin or Hardy as possible finalists, that's fine, but I would put the probability as extremely low.

You cannot really consider Woods a very good probability and Hardy as an extremely low probability after watching that match.  That is Jenson level of jackwagonness.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

By starting a thread like this you just come off as a complete douche.  Not a great way of countering someone you perceive as a douche. 

I wouldn't say complete douche. Petty? Yes. But I'm here for it.

I won't speak for Vak but I think this is all in good fun

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I wouldn't say complete douche. Petty? Yes. But I'm here for it.

I won't speak for Vak but I think this is all in good fun

Probably right.  Just a reminder that this board is not what we had before yet. 

2 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

You cannot really consider Woods a very good probability and Hardy as an extremely low probability after watching that match.  That is Jenson level of jackwagonness.  

...the match where Hardy didn't score any offensive points and chose neutral to avoid going on bottom?  Yes, yes I can.  Plus Hardy is going to be coming in as like 4 or 5 seed, which means he'll have to beat the 4 or the 5, plus Allirez to get to the finals.  I think Alirez is a TERRIBLE matchup for Hardy, but we'll see.

7 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

By starting a thread like this you just come off as a complete douche.  Not a great way of countering someone you perceive as a douche. 

I don't consider a @jajensen09a douche.  I think he's an insane person, and this thread is very clearly directed at him.

• Fire 3

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

...the match where Hardy didn't score any offensive points and chose neutral to avoid going on bottom?  Yes, yes I can.  Plus Hardy is going to be coming in as like 4 or 5 seed, which means he'll have to beat the 4 or the 5, plus Allirez to get to the finals.  I think Alirez is a TERRIBLE matchup for Hardy, but we'll see.

I don't consider a @jajensen09a douche.  I think he's an insane person, and this thread is very clearly directed at him.

I am the most pro bottom person of all time, but even I think this was an idiotic take.  You thinking he should go down to almost guarantee riding time point when Woods is awesome on top is one of the dumbest things I have heard on this board. You are better than that.  Something has thrown you off your game today.  You are a better poster than this. 

Just now, Royalfan said:

I am the most pro bottom person of all time, but even I think this was an idiotic take.  You thinking he should go down to almost guarantee riding time point when Woods is awesome on top is one of the dumbest things I have heard on this board. You are better than that.  Something has thrown you off your game today.  You are a better poster than this. 

My point is...he can't take Woods down and he can't get an escape.  He very clearly should have chosen top, especially since he already had gotten two stall calls against Woods (whether I think they were questionable or not).  But also, you can't depend on the refs to get you points to make it to the NCAA finals

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I think Cronin is better than “extremely low” probability, assuming he gets the 3 seed but I’m not sure if he will, it might be Noto. Interestingly Cronin has a common opponent advantage over him, but it’s Heinselman and I don’t think that will count?

If Cronin is opposite Lee, then Cassioppi should also be considered “extremely low” probability as I think they’re in a similar boat: arguably the #3 guy at the weight but a distant 3rd.  But I’d honestly give Cronin a better shot at beating Glory than Cassioppi at beating either Parris or Kerk.

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think Cronin is better than “extremely low” probability, assuming he gets the 3 seed but I’m not sure if he will, it might be Noto. Interestingly Cronin has a common opponent advantage over him, but it’s Heinselman and I don’t think that will count?

If Cronin is opposite Lee, then Cassioppi should also be considered “extremely low” probability as I think they’re in a similar boat: arguably the #3 guy at the weight but a distant 3rd.  But I’d honestly give Cronin a better shot at beating Glory than Cassioppi at beating either Parris or Kerk.

Considering Cass has actually beaten Kerk multiple times, I disagree with your assessment, but I'm willing to chalk it up to a difference of opinions.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Considering Cass has actually beaten Kerk multiple times, I disagree with your assessment, but I'm willing to chalk it up to a difference of opinions.

3/6/21: W 9-0

1/28/22: W 7-2

3/5/22: W 6-4 SV

1/27/23: L 4-1

3/5/23: L 5-0

The trend is not looking good.

• Haha 1
  • Stalling 1

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

3/6/21: W 9-0

1/28/22: W 7-2

3/5/22: W 6-4 SV

1/27/23: L 4-1

3/5/23: L 5-0

The trend is not looking good.

I would agree.  Cass' path to victory is narrow, but there is one.  I don't see how Cronin beats Glory, especially in a seminfinal where he'll be pretty big.

7 hours ago, VakAttack said:

My point is...he can't take Woods down and he can't get an escape.  He very clearly should have chosen top, especially since he already had gotten two stall calls against Woods (whether I think they were questionable or not).  But also, you can't depend on the refs to get you points to make it to the NCAA finals

He is capable of taking Woods down.  Going on top would be silly.  Just because he did it once, it isn’t easy to flatten out and ride Woods for two minutes again.  

10 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Hardy and Woods have wrestled 14 minutes this season and the total TDs are: Hardy 2 Woods 1.  

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

If I'm misremembering the first matchup in the dual, then I'll eat that one.

141: #2 Real Woods (Iowa) dec. #4 Brock Hardy, 6-4 

First period: Woods hits a head to the inside single but Hardy rolls through at the edge and no takedown. Great scramble but no points. Nebraska challenges that there was a takedown for Hardy. After review, a takedown and no near fall. Hardy leads 2-0 with 1:25 to go. Hardy locks up a cradle but Woods rolls through and gets a reversal to a tilt. Woods leads 8-2 after a two-point tilt and a four-point tilt but there's another Nebraska challenge. After review, reversal, and two near fall. The score stands at 4-2 with 29 seconds.

Second period: Woods starts down and nearly shakes off Hardy but Hardy maintains position and is still on top. Woods rolls through and snags a reversal halfway through the period for a 6-2 lead. Woods attempts a couple of tilts but doesn't score any additional points. 

Third period: Neutral to start the period. Neither wrestler commits to any serious scoring attempts but Hardy gets to a leg with 20 seconds left and scores at the edge, but Real Woods wins 6-4.

via: https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10387645-nebraska-vs-iowa-match-notes

Woods 2 reversals and 2 NF: 6

Hardy: 2 TDs: 4

• Fire 1

Ohhh the big idiot for starting this. Nebraska has a shot at 5 finalists!!! Iowa isn't close to that! Cronin, hardy, Robb, labbs and Allred.  Iowa doesn't have close to that!!! Those weak bums looking like only 3 aas!!! Wrestling has passed you up iowa!! Keep up chumps!

• Haha 2