• Playwire Ad Area

Well there goes those rankings

Viratas

Having had done rankings for a long time, and knowing how hard preseason rankings are (after the returning AA). Wisconsin clearly did not respect the rankings. Serious did anyone really see that kind of a smack down coming?

That’s to keep your whining ass shut. You want off this ranch, you got it. I’ll drive your ass to the train station myself.

3 minutes ago, Viratas said:

Having had done rankings for a long time, and knowing how hard preseason rankings are (after the returning AA). Wisconsin clearly did not respect the rankings. Serious did anyone really see that kind of a smack down coming?

Rare but not totally unexpected.

Screenshot_20221107-113525_Chrome.jpg.0e934fb19b843a35c25a5d40863243cb.jpg

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

If my office is any clue, there might be a bug or two going around that might've put a good number of them on the back foot. Also, various teams might be at different points in their training. I don't put a huge amount of stock in early season duals, but, the records of the individual wrestlers for Wisconsin will obviously negatively impacted by this.

Great example of this early season craziness vs late season results from 2022:

Penn State 20 - Penn 16 (12/3/2021)

Penn State 29 - Michigan 6 (1/21/2022)

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Le duke said:

If my office is any clue, there might be a bug or two going around that might've put a good number of them on the back foot. Also, various teams might be at different points in their training. I don't put a huge amount of stock in early season duals, but, the records of the individual wrestlers for Wisconsin will obviously negatively impacted by this.

Great example of this early season craziness vs late season results from 2022:

Penn State 20 - Penn 16 (12/3/2021)

Penn State 29 - Michigan 6 (1/21/2022)

A big reason for that PSU result is they didn’t put out their full team against Penn. They were without RBY, Brooks, Kerk.  So, that is a little different.  WI sent out all their top guys.  

5 hours ago, Viratas said:

I was surprised!

• Fire 1

A big reason for that PSU result is they didn’t put out their full team against Penn. They were without RBY, Brooks, Kerk.  So, that is a little different.  WI sent out all their top guys.  

True. But if you throw your guys out there when half of them are dealing with the flu or something similar, you can get pretty significant swings from the expected result.

Wisconsin appeared uncharacteristically flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

True. But if you throw your guys out there when half of them are dealing with the flu or something similar, you can get pretty significant swings from the expected result.

Wisconsin appeared uncharacteristically flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s true, just the example you used was a bad one to showcase that point.