• Playwire Ad Area

New Iowa documentary: Chasing Greatness: Wrestling Life

CHROMEBIRD

24 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

A behind-the-scenes look into the blood, sweat and tears of the Iowa wrestling program throughout the 2021-2022 season. Premieres on March 4 at 9PM Central on BTN.

Who else is excited for this?

looking forward to this. Thanks for the heads up.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

31 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

A behind-the-scenes look into the blood, sweat and tears of the Iowa wrestling program throughout the 2021-2022 season. Premieres on March 4 at 9PM Central on BTN.

Thank the lord...I have been waiting for the 800th documentary on Iowa wrestling...

• Fire 2
  • Haha 4

Look forward to it. I expect this will reinforce all sides' views. 

The coaches will come across as intense and engaged and deeply committed to their athletes.  The athletes will come across as dedicated, earnest, extraordinarily hard working fine young men grateful to be part of this great program.  

But this great senior class falls short of its potential, due to inordinately high instances of injuries and an inability to find a higher gear in the biggest matches.

I expect that iowa fans will see noble efforts thwarted by bad luck (covid costing them the 2020 title and injuries out of anyone's control blowing up 2022).

Non Iowa fans will see uncreative overtraining leading to injury and an inability to adapt and score needed takedowns against top competition.

• Fire 6

3 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

tears?

I only came here for stories of raccoons.  🦝

2 hours ago, dragit said:

The coaches will come across as intense and engaged and deeply committed to their athletes.  The athletes will come across as dedicated, earnest, extraordinarily hard working fine young men grateful to be part of this great program.  

But this great senior class falls short of its potential, due to inordinately high instances of injuries and an inability to find a higher gear in the biggest matches.

I expect that iowa fans will see noble efforts thwarted by bad luck (covid costing them the 2020 title and injuries out of anyone's control blowing up 2022).

Non Iowa fans will see uncreative overtraining leading to injury and an inability to adapt and score needed takedowns against top competition.

The footage will be from the 2021-22 season. It was originally supposed to be a documentary about Spencer Lee but when the BTN and coaches got involved they all decided to make it about the entire team and how they manage the ups and downs of the sport in addition to other demands and distractions outside wrestling. I heard that the production team's timeline got cut from 14 months to closer to 14 weeks so this could be released during Big Ten championship weekend, so it could feel slapped together at the last minute, I don't know. 53 minutes.

• Fire 2

Unfortunately for Iowa fans, that special will be competing on Saturday night at 10 Eastern with another martial arts event, the Chris Rock comedy special on Netflix:

Chris Rock Is Finally Ready to Talk About Will Smith’s Oscar Slap

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chris-rock-oscars-will-smith-slap-netflix-29f667ef?mod=Searchresults_pos1&page=1

Not sure what weight class Chris Rock was in, but Will Smith clearly did not make weight that night at the Oscars.  

Whereas I'd generally prefer a focus on Lee, in this case, they wouldn't have had much of a documentary if it was only about Lee and his 2021-2022 season, so, however they ended up deciding to cover the whole team, they probably ended up better off.  

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

It’s because BTN commented on her every single broadcast during the Marinelli era. The creepy comes from the BTN guys.

Nah, it's nots just that. You guys won't let it die, ISU board was looking up their property taxes, etc etc. Its a weird fixation that goes beyond normal jokes.

18 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I believe Chasing Injuries would be a more appropriate title

I don't think it will have any video on Anthony Cassar, Shakur Rasheed, Robbie Howard, Jason Nolf, Greg Kerkvliet, Carter Starocci, Brady Berge, Kyle Conel, Jason Nolf, etc.  

It is not focusing on Penn State and the high number of injuries they incur while having f*n.  It is about Iowa.

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, dragit said:

This can't be disputed.