57 Cardenas v Wick

65 Olguin v Griffith

74 Olmos v Valencia

84 Munoz v Priest

97 Truax v Harvey

285 Schultz v Tinker

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Schedule and how to watch?

First session matchups begin at 10:00 am PT from Maples Pavilion, while the second session will begin at 4:45pm PT. Both sessions will be available via Stanford's live stream platforms (Mat 1 and Mat 2) and on Pac-12.com. Championship finals will be broadcasted on Pac-12 Network and the Pac-12 Now App, with coverage beginning at 6:00 pm PT. For more information, click here

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

34 minutes ago, CraigOR said:

My finals pairings look like this:

25 Courtney v Kaylor

33 McGee v Shaner

41 Belton v Saenz

49 Parco v Demas

57 Cardenas v Wick

65 Olguin v Griffith

74 Olmos v Valencia

84 Munoz v Priest

97 Truax v Harvey

285 Schultz v Tinker

My guesses would be the following:

125 - Courtney vs Provo

133 - McGee vs Shaner

141 - Belton vs. Ysaguirre

149 - Parco vs Abas

157 - Cardenas vs Wick

165 - Griffith vs Olguin

174 - Valencia vs Olmos

184 - Munoz vs Montalvo

197 - Truax vs Harvey

285 - Schultz vs Tinker

12 minutes ago, Idaho said:

First session matchups begin at 10:00 am PT from Maples Pavilion, while the second session will begin at 4:45pm PT. Both sessions will be available via Stanford's live stream platforms (Mat 1 and Mat 2) and on Pac-12.com. Championship finals will be broadcasted on Pac-12 Network and the Pac-12 Now App, with coverage beginning at 6:00 pm PT. For more information, click here

ahh ... date/day of week?  Am assuming Stanford live stream available to all but P12N will require subscription.  

2 minutes ago, NearFall said:

Sunday - and yes Stanford live stream is available to all.  PAC 12 networks (all 7 of them) are available on Vidgo for $60 / month.

Its too bad P12 isn't on Fri.  If already planning and paid to watch B10 & B12 who wants to pay another $60 and try to squeeze in the P12?  

17 minutes ago, NearFall said:

Surprising to see Valencia as the # 3 seed behind Eischens and Olmos when Valencia beat both of them this season.

Valencia did not earn an allocation - Wrestlers who earned allocations are seeded first then those who did not. 

13 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Ysaguirre being the replacement for Vasquez is interesting. I think it’s an indicator that they don’t think he can make 133 going forward.

I think it's more of an indication that they needed their best guy to fill in at 141 for the Pac-12. He wasn't going to take McGee's place afterall. 

34 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Ysaguirre being the replacement for Vasquez is interesting. I think it’s an indicator that they don’t think he can make 133 going forward.

I have to agree with Idaho on this one.  Ysaguirre replacing Vasquez makes total sense if Vasquez is not able to compete.  It has nothing to do with his ability to get down to 133 lbs.  

After all Ysaguirre nearly majored the # 4 ranked guy in the country at 141 lbs just 10 days ago when ASU wrestled vs Nebraska.  And as Idaho correctly points out Ysaguirre is not going to replace McGee at 133 lbs.  Why would ASU even consider that?  Why would anyone consider that?

41 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I think it's more of an indication that they needed their best guy to fill in at 141 for the Pac-12. He wasn't going to take McGee's place afterall. 

You really think they’d burn a year of eligibility if there was a chance he’d be their guy of the future at 133? It has nothing to do with McGee. 

15 minutes ago, NearFall said:

I have to agree with Idaho on this one.  Ysaguirre replacing Vasquez makes total sense if Vasquez is not able to compete.  It has nothing to do with his ability to get down to 133 lbs.  

After all Ysaguirre nearly majored the # 4 ranked guy in the country at 141 lbs just 10 days ago when ASU wrestled vs Nebraska.  And as Idaho correctly points out Ysaguirre is not going to replace McGee at 133 lbs.  Why would ASU even consider that?  Why would anyone consider that?

It has nothing to do with McGee. If they felt he was their starter of the future at 133, I don’t think they’d burn a year. He’s 6-5 with zero chance of a WC at a one qualifier 141. If they felt like he was a cornerstone they wouldn’t be doing this. 

12 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

You really think they’d burn a year of eligibility if there was a chance he’d be their guy of the future at 133? It has nothing to do with McGee. 

Here is what you wrote:   I think it’s an indicator that they don’t think he can make 133 going forward

Why would that be an indicator? Because they are burning his redshirt? They are simply using him at 141 because of the Vasquez injury. They can't use him at 133 this year obviously - but that doesn't mean that he can't make 133 next year.  The options were to get Ramos down to 141 when he's been at 149 or put Chlebove up to 141 from where he had been at 133. I am not sure what the situation was with those two guys - but there are others on here like @SunDevilthat know more about the program. 

Separate from the reasoning behind it, I agree and personally I think they should have went with Chlebove in order to save Ysa's redshirt, but that's the choice they made. And who is to say that Ysa didn't want to burn  his shirt and wrestle?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, CraigOR said:

My finals pairings look like this:

25 Courtney v Kaylor

33 McGee v Shaner

41 Belton v Saenz

49 Parco v Demas

57 Cardenas v Wick

65 Olguin v Griffith

74 Olmos v Valencia

84 Munoz v Priest

97 Truax v Harvey

285 Schultz v Tinker

I like the looks of this.  Beavs in the finals at 7 of the 10 weights.  Fingers crossed.

• Fire 1

What hasn't been mentioned here in this is Arizona State is trying to win their 4th straight PAC 12 championship.   And they are trying to do that without Jacori Teemer, Kordell Norfleet and Jesse Vasquez.   Having Yasguire at 141 lbs gives ASU a better shot at trying to accomplish that goal.  Burning Ysaguirre's RS is irrelevant as nothing is being burned.  He will still have a redshirt year to use.   With Yasquire in the lineup ASU could win as many as 6 weight classes at the PAC 12 tournament - just as they did last season.

12 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Was Daniel Cardenas injured?  Good to him back.

He was out for a bit, but returned against wOSU. He beat Crosby in a crazy match 17-13. He looked a little out of shape. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

Here is what you wrote:   I think it’s an indicator that they don’t think he can make 133 going forward

Why would that be an indicator? Because they are burning his redshirt? They are simply using him at 141 because of the Vasquez injury. They can't use him at 133 this year obviously - but that doesn't mean that he can't make 133 next year.  The options were to get Ramos down to 141 when he's been at 149 or put Chlebove up to 141 from where he had been at 133. I am not sure what the situation was with those two guys - but there are others on here like @SunDevilthat know more about the program. 

Separate from the reasoning behind it, I agree and personally I think they should have went with Chlebove in order to save Ysa's redshirt, but that's the choice they made. And who is to say that Ysa didn't want to burn  his shirt and wrestle?

Zeke is the coach. He has to make the final call on these decisions. A lot of bad decisions from Zeke as of late. 

• Fire 1

58 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Zeke is the coach. He has to make the final call on these decisions. A lot of bad decisions from Zeke as of late. 

I don't think they had any other choice. They are getting Chlebove ready to take over at 33 next year for McGee. Figs has 25 nailed down. Vasquez might have just had too many injury issues to overcome or he might need a full year to be healthy. Unless everybody moves up at least somebody is sitting next year between Vasquez, Ysa, Ramos, and Parco. Good problem to have I guess. 

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Any idea if there was a wrestle off between Courtney/Figs? Or was this just a Zeke decision?

Zekke was going to have a wrestle off but Bonno wouldn't sign off.  😞

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1