• Playwire Ad Area

B1G Championship Tournament Coverage - How & where to watch

GreatWhiteNorth

2023 Big Ten Wrestling Championship Coverage

SATURDAY - MAR 04

9:00 AM CST        BTN Network (9am - 1pm) - Session 1 (First Round, Quarterfinals, Wrestlebacks)

9:00 AM CST        B1G+ - Session 1, Mat 1
9:00 AM CST        B1G+ - Session 1, Mat 2
9:00 AM CST        B1G+ - Session 1, Mat 3
9:00 AM CST        B1G+ - Session 1, Mat 4
9:00 AM CST        B1G+ - Session 1, Multi-Camera

4:30 PM CST        BTN Network - NO COVERAGE - Session 2 (Consolation Matches, Wrestlebacks)

4:30 PM CST        B1G+ - Session 2, Consolation Mat 1
4:30 PM CST        B1G+ - Session 2, Consolation Mat 2
4:30 PM CST        B1G+ - Session 2, Consolation Mat 3
4:30 PM CST        B1G+ - Session 2, Consolation Mat 4
4:30 PM CST        B1G+ - Session 2, Multi-Camera

6:30 PM CST        BTN Network (6:30pm - 8:30pm) - Semifinals Round

SUNDAY - MAR 05

12:00 PM CST    BTN Network NO COVERAGE - Session 3 (Consolation Semifinals, 7th-Place Matches)

12:00 PM CST    B1G+ - Session 3, Consolation Mat 1
12:00 PM CST    B1G+ - Session 3, Consolation Mat 2
12:00 PM CST    B1G+ - Session 3, Consolation Mat 3
12:00 PM CST    B1G+ - Session 3, Consolation Mat Multi-Camera

3:30 PM CST        BTN Network (3:30pm - 6:30pm) - Finals Round (1st-, 3rd- and 5th- Place Matches)

3:30 PM CST        B1G+ - 3rd Place Mat
3:30 PM CST        B1G+ - 5th Place Mat
3:30 PM CST        B1G+ - 3rd and 5th Place Multi-Camera

From 9a CST to 1p CST on Saturday, March 4, BTN will broadcast the opening session on television with whip-around coverage and quad box views. On B1G+, individual mat cameras, as well as the quad box, will allow viewers to customize their experience. For session two on Saturday night, coverage of the wrestleback matches begins at 4:30p CST and will be streamed exclusively on B1G+. Television coverage resumes for Saturday night's semifinals from 6:30p CST through 8:30p CST.

On Sunday, March 5, competition begins at 12p CST on B1G+ with individual mat cameras for the consolation semifinals. At 3:30p CST, television coverage resumes as Big Ten champions are crowned, while third and fifth-place bouts will be streamed on B1G+.

Links:

Event Calendar (bigtenplus.com)

Big Ten Network Presents Coverage of 2023 Big Ten Wrestling Championships - Big Ten Network (btn.com)

• Fire 4

1 minute ago, ionel said:

I hope B1G+ updates and fixes their app before the weekend, its really been a very poor product.  😞

I've used the Roku channel and Apple TV app regularly and haven't had any problems. Also used various web browsers to stream from the site - again no problems. I recommend all of these.

I have not used either the iPhone/iPad app or the Android app - sounds like maybe one of these is problematic.

• Fire 2

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I've used the Roku channel and Apple TV app regularly and haven't had any problems. Also used various web browsers to stream from the site - again no problems. I recommend all of these.

I have not used either the iPhone/iPad app or the Android app - sounds like maybe one of these is problematic.

I came here to basically say this.

Also, you can watch through the Roku app on your phone or desktop, too, if the B1G+ app is malfunctioning on you.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

The annual question about Big 10+.  Do you need the conference pass or just the school pass (Penn State for me) to watch Big 10s?

I don't recall where I read this exactly. I took a quick look around and couldn't find it anywhere just now so I'm going off memory...

If your school is competing in the event, the event is included in the school pass. 

$10/month for school pass, $15/month for conference... so if I'm wrong, I'll owe you $5 🙂

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, lightweight said:

I've used the iPad app for BIG10+ with no issues.  The plus channel typically does not get the marquee matches, and often has the JV announcers, but I have had no technical issues with it, and re-subscribe every year.  

You're right - the BTN live marquee matches like "Iowa vs PSU" are BTN-only (and the FOX Sports app) for live streaming. But it is important to realize that it changes afterward.

B1G+ does allow you to stream those matches the next day or so - they just don't stream them live (so as not to compete with their own BTN product.)

For some of the marquee matches, I'm OK waiting a day while I avoid spoilers from this BBS. For others, nope, Live is the only way.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

2 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Will the Fox Sports app have all sessions and replys or just what's on BTN?

In my experience, the Fox Sports app is basically the app that BTN uses. In other words, what BTN offers live is what's live on the Fox Sports app. Nothing more.

For other sessions, or replays. You'll need to use B1G+.

(One last note - use my advice as a starting point and double check. Streaming offerings and policies are always changing and are anything but simple.)

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I'm OK waiting a day while I avoid spoilers from this BBS. For others, nope, Live is the only way.

hate to ruin your weekend watching replay but Penn St wins b10.  😃

• Fire 1

46 minutes ago, ionel said:

hate to ruin your weekend watching replay but Penn St wins b10.  😃

"Live" is the only way this weekend.

As much as PSU is heavily favored to win, they still have to show up and wrestle just like everybody else. I've wrestled enough to know that 'stuff happens.'

Typically, a lot of that 'stuff' happens in Session I, it's not to be overlooked. It's arguably one of the best sessions in the tournament.

15 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

In my experience, the Fox Sports app is basically the app that BTN uses. In other words, what BTN offers live is what's live on the Fox Sports app. Nothing more.

For other sessions, or replays. You'll need to use B1G+.

(One last note - use my advice as a starting point and double check. Streaming offerings and policies are always changing and are anything but simple.)

Yeah mine too. Wishful thinking on my part that Fox would have all the broadcasts.

• Fire 1