• Playwire Ad Area

Any Stanford fans here?

NearFall

I'm just wondering what informed Stanford fans think are the possibilities that Shane Griffith and Tyler Eischens might be back for the 2024 season as 6th year Seniors.  Both are listed on the 2023 Stanford roster as RS Seniors and because of the extra year of eligibility from 2020 they would seem to have that option.   If not at Stanford then elsewhere.  Thoughts?

35 minutes ago, Southend said:

Well seems you got your answer. Kind of like, are there any Purdue fans on here? This is pretty much a top 5-7 team forum. If you want to converse, that is , get a conversation going, it better be in regards to one of the top 3,4,5 squads in the country. 

Pretty harsh.  No response in 16 minutes of posting so you go apocalyptic.  I don't even think that is a question a fan could actually even answer.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Southend said:

Well seems you got your answer. Kind of like, are there any Purdue fans on here? This is pretty much a top 5-7 team forum. If you want to converse, that is , get a conversation going, it better be in regards to one of the top 3,4,5 squads in the country. 

So far 2 Oregon State fans have answered on this thread....

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 hours ago, NearFall said:

I'm just wondering what informed Stanford fans think are the possibilities that Shane Griffith and Tyler Eischens might be back for the 2024 season as 6th year Seniors.  Both are listed on the 2023 Stanford roster as RS Seniors and because of the extra year of eligibility from 2020 they would seem to have that option.   If not at Stanford then elsewhere.  Thoughts?

Both were honored at Senior night. I feel like Shane is done after this year. Garvin is coming off redshirt, and from my pov, Shane didn’t seem all that into it this year. Eischens could go either way in my opinion.

Have to admit, Shane has had a tough hill to climb. Tougher than many. Support structure is so important in D1 Wrestling and his story at Stanford has been pretty crazy.

I would like to see Shane back for another year because of his talent level. Doesn't matter to me which school, or if he chooses to retire from CW altogether.

7 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Both were honored at Senior night. I feel like Shane is done after this year. Garvin is coming off redshirt, and from my pov, Shane didn’t seem all that into it this year. Eischens could go either way in my opinion.

It's true that Griffith and Eischens were honored at this year's Senior night for Stanford.  However Oregon State honored 8 of their guys last Sunday and only two of those eight have no more eligibility remaining.  Namely Tanner Harvey (Grad student) and Aaron Olmos (2023 was his 6th season).  

The other six Oregon State guys all have eligibility remaining.  So it remains to be seen if any of the other six will be back for 2024.   One of those six was listed on the 2023 Oregon State roster as a RS Sophomore (even tho this was his 4th year of wrestling).   And only one of the other six was listed on the Oregon State 2023 roster as a RS Senior.  That being Jason Shaner.  But the fact remains that six of those eight still have eligibility remaining.

10 minutes ago, NearFall said:

It's true that Griffith and Eischens were honored at this year's Senior night for Stanford.  However Oregon State honored 8 of their guys last Sunday and only two of those eight have no more eligibility remaining.  Namely Tanner Harvey (Grad student) and Aaron Olmos (2023 was his 6th season).  

The other six Oregon State guys all have eligibility remaining.  So it remains to be seen if any of the other six will be back for 2024.   One of those six was listed on the 2023 Oregon State roster as a RS Sophomore (even tho this was his 4th year of wrestling).   And only one of the other six was listed on the Oregon State 2023 roster as a RS Senior.  That being Jason Shaner.  But the fact remains that six of those eight still have eligibility remaining.

It is true that senior night is for those graduating and some could technically come back another year.... However I am pretty sure that Shaner never redshirted and this is his last year of eligibility. 

10 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

WS shows Shaner had two years at Clackamas CC; first year 2-4, next year 1-2.  Could one be considered as a RS year?

No he wrestled both years and finished 5th and 1st at the national tournament. He wrestled three years at OSU starting g duals in all 3 seasons. 

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Have to admit, Shane has had a tough hill to climb. Tougher than many. Support structure is so important in D1 Wrestling and his story at Stanford has been pretty crazy.

I would like to see Shane back for another year because of his talent level. Doesn't matter to me which school, or if he chooses to retire from CW altogether.

I would also love to see him wrestle 1 more year but would totally understand if he is done.  The amount of unique and difficult things he has had to deal with can be taxing.  Covid, the cutting then reinstatement of the program, and coaching change to name a few. 

3 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

I would also love to see him wrestle 1 more year but would totally understand if he is done.  The amount of unique and difficult things he has had to deal with can be taxing.  Covid, the cutting then reinstatement of the program, and coaching change to name a few. 

I agree.... he seems to look like he's done. Of course there could be lots of things going on with him during this season. If he were to transfer for one more year, I would guess ASU. When you have a national title, a Stanford degree and a lucrative job waiting for you, it seems it would  be hard to continue for a second national title. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

I agree.... he seems to look like he's done. Of course there could be lots of things going on with him during this season. If he were to transfer for one more year, I would guess ASU. When you have a national title, a Stanford degree and a lucrative job waiting for you, it seems it would  be hard to continue for a second national title. 

What is the lucrative job waiting for him?

3 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

What is the lucrative job waiting for him?

Maybe not literally waiting for him but I believe he is currently in the business school (could be mistaken).  Stanford Business School graduates can almost always obtain a lucrative opportunity.  The degree is well respected and Network is strong 

Edited by flyingcement

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Maybe not literally waiting for him but I believe he is currently in the business school (could be mistaken).  Stanford Business School graduates can almost always obtain a lucrative opportunity.  The degree is well respected and Network is strong 

Yes - Not a specific job per se, but a Stanford business degree and his name will land him a very good job. I would not be surprised if he has a few irons in the fire already from donors/alumni. 

15 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Gotcha. I figured that was the case. Just was wondering if he landed something concrete

• Haha 1