• Playwire Ad Area

Stanford @ Oregon State this afternoon (2 p.m. PT)

NearFall

Sunday's Probable Matchups (Rankings are from WrestleStat)

I see this dual as having up to 6 matches that could go either way.  It should be interesting to see how it plays out today.

125: #36 Nico Provo (STAN) vs. #22 Brandon Kaylor (OSU)

Last two PAC 12 common opponents:

#208 Koda Holeman (Cal Poly) - Provo beat Holeman 9-2 and Kaylor beat Holeman 11-4

#107 Eddie Flores (CS Bakersfield) - Provo beat Flores 9-5 and Kaylor beat Flores 3-2

133: #82 Jackson DiSario (STAN) vs. #41 Jason Shaner (OSU)

#48 Ethan Rotondo (Cal Poly) DiSario lost to Rotondo 8-2 and Shaner lost 6-1 to Rotondo

#4 Michael McGee (ASU) DiSario lost by TF (16-1 in 3:31) to McGee and Shaner lost by TF (17-2 in 6:31)

141: #67 Jason Miranda (STAN) vs. #52 Cleveland Bellton (OSU)

#87 Angelo Martinoni (CS Bakersfield) - Miranda beat Martinoni by MD (9-0) and Belton beat Martinoni 4-2

#26 Jesse Vasquez (Arizona State) - Miranda lost 10-4 to Vasquez and Belton lost 5-2 to Vasquez

149: #18 Jaden Abas OR Luciano Arroyo (STAN) vs. #144 Riley Gurr (OSU)

#20 Dom Demas (Cal Poly) Abas beat Demas 4-0 and Gurr lost 3-2 to Demas

#90 Josh Brown (CS Bakersfield) Abas beat Brown 9-3 and Gurr lost by MD (16-7) to Brown

157: #8 Daniel Cardenas OR Charlie Darracott (STAN) vs. #62 Isaiah Crosby (OSU)

#69 Luka Wick (Cal Poly) Cardenas beat Wick 6-2 and Crosby lost 3-0 to Wick

#36 Charlie Darracott (Stanford) Cardenas has beaten Darracott three times this season (5-3, 6-4 in SV OT & 7-4) and Crosby beat Darracott 8-6

165: #3 Shane Griffith (STAN) vs. #18 Matthew Olguin (OSU)

#60 Legend Lamer (Cal Poly) Griffith beat Lamer 2-0 and Olguin beat Lamer 7-5 in SV OT #1

#49 Tyler Brennan (Little Rock) Griffith beat Brennan 4-0 and Olguin beat Brennan 4-0

174: #27 Tyler Eischens (STAN) vs. #26 Aaron Olmos (OSU)

#81 Brawley Lamer (Cal Poly) Eischens beat Lamer 8-3 and Olmos beat Lamer 13-6

#70 Albert Urias (CS Bakersfield) Eischens beat Urias 6-1 and Olmos 3-1

184: #103 Brook Byers (STAN) vs. #6 Trey Munoz (OSU)

#107 Jarad Priest (Cal Poly)  Byers lost 9-4 to Priest and Munoz beat Priest by FALL (4:35)

#140 Mason Diel (Little Rock) Byers beat Diel by MD (19-6) and Munoz beat Diel by TF (17-2 in 3:59)

197: #37 Nick Stemmet (STAN) vs. #22 Tanner Harvey (OSU)

#10 Bernie Truax (Cal Poly) Stemmet lost 9-5 to Truax and Harvey lost 7-5 to Truax

#74 Jonathan Fagen (Arizona State) - Stemmet beat Fagen by MD (12-2) and Harvey beat Fagen by MD (14-4)

285: #75 Peter Ming (STAN) vs.#67 J.J. Dixon (OSU)

#35 Trevor Tinker (Cal Poly) Ming lost by FALL (0:58) to Tinker and Dixon lost 8-2 to Tinker

#61 Josiah Hill (Little Rock)  Ming beat Hill 5-1 and Dixon beat Hill 5-4

Hmmmm.... something seems familiar about this post.....

Anyway... I can see a few guys sitting this one out with Pac-12 next weekend.... 174 and HWT could determine this dual. 

Olguin could give Griffith a very tough match. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

Too bad they didn't put the score board in the bottom right corner, be easier to see.

I agree... I have to keep track open to make sure i have the score correct... especially in that Cardenas - Crosby match. 

6 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

It's great that the Pac12 is broadcasting this for free but I wish they could bring us a little closer to the action. Feels like we're watching a feed from a security cam up on the ceiling.

Its the best match and the best broadcast this weekend, can't complain too much.  wOSU at least makes it free instead of needing to subscribe to Pac12.  

Plus where else are ya gonna get a little chainsaw music.  🙂

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I will admit the broadcasting style is growing on me. Complete silence then someone shouting "FOUR POINT NEARFALLLLL!" then more silence then chainsaw sound

All appropriate when facing the Trees. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I will admit the broadcasting style is growing on me. Complete silence then someone shouting "FOUR POINT TREEFALLLLL!" then more silence then chainsaw sound

Yes, for this meet it should be ^^^

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CHROMEBIRD said:

Didn't the Pac12 use to schedule their conference tournament a week before the others? Probably a good way to capture our attention during the dead period, plus it gives the guys an extra week off before Nationals (or hit the buffet a week early).

Yes they did, but the NCAA... I mean the other conferences.... didn't like them having a longer break than the other teams. 

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

Good win for the Beavs today... we have looked sluggish for a couple matches. 

"we"  🤔 I know Eastern Oregon wants to join with Idaho but that doesn't include Corvallis and it probably isn't gonna happen ... so again ... we?  

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Yes they did, but the NCAA... I mean the other conferences.... didn't like them having a longer break than the other teams. 

Well and if the B10 doesn't like it then we just can't have that now can we?  woops I said the "we."  

15 minutes ago, ionel said:

"we"  🤔 I know Eastern Oregon wants to join with Idaho but that doesn't include Corvallis and it probably isn't gonna happen ... so again ... we?  

Not "we" in the  sense that Idaho is part of Oregon... I would have a good comeback but there's not much to work with when it comes to "ionel" that autocorrects every time. 

20 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Griffith just lost. I’m not part of the NCAA seeding committee, but idk how even if he wins the conference tournament he could be a 1-2 seed over Carr or O’Toole even if Keegan losses to Carr again. 

Best he was going to get was the #3 (2 v 3 not much difference anyway).  Now Monday or Ramirez could get the 3 and he might get 4 or 5 (again 4 vs 5 doesn't matter).