• Playwire Ad Area

2022 NCAA Pickem

nhs67

I had expressed regret for not joining last year because I had scanned the draft thread (and further references here and there in following threads) and it appeared all of you were having a good time with it.

For that simple reason - I'd be in favor of a draft thread here. Good marketing. Of course, no strong opinion either way.

Also, per a last minute post on this thread, @Wrestleknownothing it would be good to see WKN in the mix.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

21 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Why are you out?  Any accommodation that would make it possible for you to participate?

I don't have Venmo, Zelle, or any other electronic payment apps, and I am not really interested in getting one.

I agree with @GreatWhiteNorth that it looks like a good time will be had by all, but I will have to live vicariously.

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I don't have Venmo, Zelle, or any other electronic payment apps, and I am not really interested in getting one.

I agree with @GreatWhiteNorth that it looks like a good time will be had by all, but I will have to live vicariously.

Sure thing, man. Sorry you're bit going to participate, but if you change your mind, let us know! 

After removing WKN, here's the full list of those who expressed some level of interest:

MizzouFan01
VakAttack
Idaho
nhs67
lu_alum
MPhillips
bnwtwg
flyingcement
Jerry Callo
GreatWhiteNorth
idc2
jajensen09

MizzouFan01 has already sent me his email.

2 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

After removing WKN, here's the full list of those who expressed some level of interest:

MizzouFan01
VakAttack
Idaho
nhs67
lu_alum
MPhillips
bnwtwg
flyingcement
Jerry Callo
GreatWhiteNorth
idc2
jajensen09

MizzouFan01 has already sent me his email.

Is my old email good? 

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Is my old email good? 

Here are the Gmail accounts I created last year.  If you still have the password to login to your account, you're good to go.  I don't think I kept the passwords after sending Gmail account info to folks.  I'm digging...

However, I've since learned that it's not necessary to have a Gmail account.  That's why I'm asking folks to send me a PM with their email address (to give access to the see the draft board). 

TheMat username Gmail address
ShakaAloha shaka.ncaa22@gmail.com
Mizzoufan01 mizzou.ncaa22@gmail.com
Mphillips already had one
VakAttack vak.ncaa@gmail.com
JerryCallo callo.ncaa22@gmail.com
flyingcement cement.ncaa22@gmail.com
nhs67 nhs67.ncaa@gmail.com
Idaho already had one
lu_alum already had one
hank hank.ncaa22@gmail.com

Just now, MizzouFan01 said:

2-3 min I believe. I do think a pick or two went over a little but still, I think we were done in under 2hrs.

sounds about right.  folks were pretty good about being johnny-on-the-spot.  i don't recall having to skip anyone.

10 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Any chance I could still join? Sorry for late notice, I just now saw this thread. I’m fine with paying the entry fee and all of the details look great to me. I’m flexible for drafting time and day. 

This would bring us up to lucky 13, I think?  I'm ok with it.  I'd probably top out at 15 participants.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

This would bring us up to lucky 13, I think?  I'm ok with it.  I'd probably top out at 15 participants.

Sounds good to me. I don’t have gmail, but I can quickly make one. I’m looking forward to donating my 20 dollars and finishing dead last. 

Just let me know any steps I need to complete pre draft and I’ll get it done.

Just now, goheels1812 said:

Sounds good to me. I don’t have gmail, but I can quickly make one. I’m looking forward to donating my 20 dollars and finishing dead last. 

Just let me know any steps I need to complete pre draft and I’ll get it done.

Anyone reading can Venmo me at @Michael-Novak-33.  Just put your user name in the subject line of the Venmo and I'll check you off.  I think last year we did winner take all, I may do a slight adjustment to runner up getting a small chunk and maybe 3rd getting their money back.

Actually, after reading it written out, I think I'll just limit payouts to the top 2.  $60 to 2nd, $200 to the winner.

4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Anyone reading can Venmo me at @Michael-Novak-33.  Just put your user name in the subject line of the Venmo and I'll check you off.  I think last year we did winner take all, I may do a slight adjustment to runner up getting a small chunk and maybe 3rd getting their money back.

Actually, after reading it written out, I think I'll just limit payouts to the top 2.  $60 to 2nd, $200 to the winner.

@VakAttack it’s asking for the last 4 digits of your phone number in order to send 

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Thanks. Just sent Venmo. I’ll get a gmail up and running and send that to @lu_alum as well.

Just now, MizzouFan01 said:

Shit I hope not lol. 

It's fine, all good,

My fault - that is a double-check when sending to someone for the first time. (I just did the same thing.)

That's new'ish. Late last year, in FFL, we had a similar thing happen when people fat-fingered the name they were sending to and Venmo jumped in to use the phone number to verify because it suspected the wrong contact name.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I have received from @lu_alum @goheels1812 @MizzouFan01 and i believe @GreatWhiteNorth even though he can't can't simple instructions and put his user name in there, lol. 

Hey c'mon now there "can't can't" - I was focused on making sure MizzouFan01 was secure. I'm dedicated that way.

And, BTW, how did you know it was me?

With some help from my brilliant soon-to-be 14-yo daughter, I just verified that it IS NOT necessary to have a Gmail account.  I can give view access to the Draft Board to anyone.  This means that we can allow spectators to see the draft as it occurs.  

I think it best to have Vak facilitate the picking in a dedicated forum thread.