• Playwire Ad Area

SI on PSU

Ponzi

On 2/21/2023 at 9:07 PM, VakAttack said:

Honestly, I would be shocked if Penn State threatened their own team record, let alone the NCAA team record.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:46 PM, 1032004 said:

What’s their own team record?

On 2/21/2023 at 9:58 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

146.5 in 2017

Does 137.5 count as “threatening” 146.5?  Not too bad when you consider a returning champ got 7th and a 2x defending champ lost

Edited by 1032004

24 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Does 137.5 count as “threatening” 146.5?  Not too bad when you consider a returning champ got 7th and a 2x defending champ lost

No, it wasn't threatening, I never felt nervous they were going to break it, and returning champs placing lower is a thing that happens at the tournament.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

No, it wasn't threatening, I never felt nervous they were going to break it, and returning champs placing lower is a thing that happens at the tournament.

They would’ve beat it if RBY and one of Haines or Kerk won right?  I guess you have a higher tolerance of being threatened than me.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

They would’ve beat it if RBY and one of Haines or Kerk won right?  I guess you have a higher tolerance of being threatened than me.

I never saw Haines or Kerk as likely to win, and neither came close.  Penn State also had things go in their favor with brackets falling apart and Labriola throwing himself to his back, but they still didn't break their own team record, let alone the tournament record.

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Moving from second to first gets you an extra four, so they would have also needed 1.5 more bonus points.

It’s not 5?  Four placement points and 1 advancement?  Or do you only get the placement point for the last match?

28 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

No advancement for the last match, sorry, I thought you were assuming bonus in your calculation.

Gotcha.  Well then I’d say all 3 would’ve had to win, with given Penn State’s history I would’ve probably been threatened by, but nothing wrong with having different definitions of “threatened”