• Playwire Ad Area

No IOWA OSU topic?

Hammerlock3

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So for the challenge in the Gfeller/Siebrecht match, is it true you can't challenge a danger TD that wasn't called because the wrestler has to be warned that they're in danger?

Think you can't challenge that 3 sec shouldve started earlier (it was clearly 3 sec/swipe).  The swipes can't start till you warn the wrestler, so even if he shouldve been warned earlier there is nothing to challenge.  Looked like they changed to just challenge that it shouldve been a takedown.  If not last match they would've kept the brick.  

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

serious question Fix v Teske

at some point ithink first period after a td? or maybe 2nd and fix was on top. fix is on top and they are in a scramble and fix dives at ankles etc... 

the ref almost immediately counts, and there is a stall but fix doens't care b/c end of period and he stayed in control

Then the next period teske on top and the same type of situation happens and teske on ankles... no count for about 20 seconds... he finally does count and gives the stall warning. but allowed it for a long time before the count.

what was the difference in the situations...?

anyone else see this? 

IIRC Fix got the stall call for holding ankles past the 5 count and the action was stopped because it looked like it would have ended in a stalemate. Teske later held ankles past 5 but the referee let the action continue because he was almost out for the escape. I remember one the officials called for the riding time clock to be stopped after Teske's stall warning.

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

serious question Fix v Teske

at some point ithink first period after a td? or maybe 2nd and fix was on top. fix is on top and they are in a scramble and fix dives at ankles etc... 

the ref almost immediately counts, and there is a stall but fix doens't care b/c end of period and he stayed in control

Then the next period teske on top and the same type of situation happens and teske on ankles... no count for about 20 seconds... he finally does count and gives the stall warning. but allowed it for a long time before the count.

what was the difference in the situations...?

anyone else see this? 

Yeah I noticed that as well.  Not sure why he didn't start the count for Teske sooner.  But some of those stalling count rules are a bit confusing IMO - https://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/WR23.pdf

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

IIRC Fix got the stall call for holding ankles past the 5 count and the action was stopped because it looked like it would have ended in a stalemate. Teske later held ankles past 5 but the referee let the action continue because he was almost out for the escape. I remember one the officials called for the riding time clock to be stopped after Teske's stall warning.

I thought the question was more about why didn't the count start earlier for Teske

6 hours ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

Rather uneventful... I think John Smith has lost  his ability to inspire his athletes.  

And Tom has also lost his ability to inspire?  Believe 6 of the matches were 1pt/1td matches which Iowa has a big advantage in close matches in CHA.  Perhaps different result in GIA or neutral location.  Were both teams uninspired or were these just hard fought perhaps stall fest matches? 

My dual meet analysis:

#1 Woods got a major

#2 Fix got a major

#4 Cass dominated the #33 Doucet 4-0

at 125 someone was going to get pinned in the first period, #1 Lee was just lucky it wasn't him

The other 6 matches were all 1pt/1td hard clubbing stall fest events that could've gone either way but the majority were always gonna go to Iowa in CHA. 

• Fire 1

55 minutes ago, ionel said:

My dual meet analysis:

#1 Woods got a major

#2 Fix got a major

#4 Cass dominated the #33 Doucet 4-0

at 125 someone was going to get pinned in the first period, #1 Lee was just lucky it wasn't him

The other 6 matches were all 1pt/1td hard clubbing stall fest events that could've gone either way but the majority were always gonna go to Iowa in CHA. 

I agree with that analysis, and will add that Voinovich really had me encouraged for a while.  

20 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

yes  both were right calls... however, why did the count start so much later on teske...