• Playwire Ad Area

Cancelling Flo - Is it easy?

Ponzi

6 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

Flo says you cancel at any time. But they also say it's an annual subscription. Has anyone cancelled a Flo account and do they really stop billing?

Years ago it seemed I couldn't get out, asked to update my CC info. I purposely didn't. It cancelled... 

25 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Years ago it seemed I couldn't get out, asked to update my CC info. I purposely didn't. It cancelled... 

i have never understood anyone who complains that they can not cancel a subscription...

5 minutes and you can have a brand new card...

you can cancel everything in one fell swoop...

seems so easy...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i have never understood anyone who complains that they can not cancel a subscription...

seems so easy...

Any business that isn't a scam should process customer cancellations without drama.

I don't want to reenter new credit card information for every site I use.

• Fire 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Any business that isn't a scam should process customer cancellations without drama.

i won't argue what woulda/coulda/shoulda be done...

but...

i just won't whine when i can get it done with little to no drama all by my lonesome...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i won't argue what woulda/coulda/shoulda be done...

but...

i just won't whine when i can get it done with little to no drama all by my lonesome...

That’s not really how business operations works in the legal or customer experiences realms though.

I’m going to get a bit personal when I say that I get your tough guy schtick and applaud the consistency no matter how many ellipses must be sacrificed, but maybe just once don’t mash the send button before thinking “does this help our niche sport’s bigger picture?”

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

3 hours ago, Ponzi said:

Flo says you cancel at any time. But they also say it's an annual subscription. Has anyone cancelled a Flo account and do they really stop billing?

you don't cancel Flo ... they cancel you

you can't unsubscribe ... they unstream 

3 hours ago, LJB said:

seems so easy...

Can this impact your credit score?   Also may have to deal with multiple subscriptions if the card is re-used.   Huge pain in the arse.  

Edited by Caveira

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

That’s not really how business operations works in the legal or customer experiences realms though.

I’m going to get a bit personal when I say that I get your tough guy schtick and applaud the consistency no matter how many ellipses must be sacrificed, but maybe just once don’t mash the send button before thinking “does this help our niche sport’s bigger picture?”

I will never fully understand why personal accountability, no whining, and figuring things out for yourself bothers most people so much…

that’s a lie…

I know exactly why…

Michael Scott Wink GIF

4 hours ago, LJB said:

I will never fully understand why personal accountability, no whining, and figuring things out for yourself bothers most people so much…

that’s a lie…

I know exactly why…

Michael Scott Wink GIF

Why should someone cancel a credit card in order to cancel a subscription? How is that personal accountability?

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Why should someone cancel a credit card in order to cancel a subscription? How is that personal accountability?

And, how is it easier?  I try to not expose myself to identity theft as much as possible by paying cash in person, etc.  I also probably buy less online than most.  Even with that I bet there's a dozen companies I'd have to change my CC info with.  I know because my wife and I moved and I had to update our address on more places than I thought.

But... "To each his own" said the old lady as she kissed the cow.

• Fire 1

The last time I cancelled Flo there was a conflict about when exactly the 'end date' of the subscription was. It was less than a 48-hour swing, but it made the difference.

The first customer service rep I emailed with, was dismissive and unhelpful (which was over the weekend.) The second (on Monday) was quite helpful and cleared everything up quickly and easily.

My advice is to work with the varsity customer service team at Flo during the regular work week and avoid the JV.

As much as I bash Flo here, that 2nd customer service person was really good. No complaints at all.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Flos demographic is is the Dads that’ll pay for every pair of custom socks and Rudis shoes for little Johnny before age 12. That’s why they don’t care about things like Track running right. Because why should they care if a local tournament runs too long or doesn’t populate the consolation bracket. It’s not like those kids will be wrestling in Who’s #1. So who cares about growing the sport. They only make money off the niche demographic that usually opposes measures to grow the sport.

So why would they care about transparency 

Back in the day it was near impossible, but I think a lot of that had to do with the shady founder and the company's aggressive attitude under him and he has since left.

But I always try to use a debit card just in case. Then when they try to recharge an empty card...jokes on you Flo! I actually got like a year of free Flo this way because I technically never cancelled and they kept trying to charge an empty card. Karma!

Edited by DocBB

20 hours ago, LJB said:

seems so easy...

It also seems you just answered the original question.

11 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

how is personal accountability and no whining  a "tough guy schtick"?

i don't understand how you think...

you clearly don't understand how i think...

i'm totally ok with all of that...