• Playwire Ad Area

Cal Poly

Formally140

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

wOSU vs Cal Poly tomorrow afternoon should be a good one. Looking forward to my man the Lumberjack taking on Truax. Should be a lot of close competitive matches. GO BEAVS! 

ftfy

Its a west east thing:  wOSU  OSU  OSUe

keep the w on the west/left side else @MPhillips will get confused 😕 

4 hours ago, Formally140 said:

Sioredas is a very good coach. When he was hired some were shocked but he’s one the most respected technicians in the country 

I was only shocked because I was hoping he'd end up with the (then-open) Fresno State job instead after he got kneecapped by the Grand Canyon administration...of course, Cal Poly worked out far better for him than Fresno State would have (in likely being kneecapped again by admin there).

25 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

I was only shocked because I was hoping he'd end up with the (then-open) Fresno State job instead after he got kneecapped by the Grand Canyon administration...of course, Cal Poly worked out far better for him than Fresno State would have (in likely being kneecapped again by admin there).

I actually think his success at Cal Poly is because of lessons he learned at Grand Canyon before Grand Canyon reneged on their program.

This is where my personal bias comes in. I think he would have done a better job at Fresno than the other coaching staff and not gone so far over budget 

On 2/18/2023 at 8:21 AM, Formally140 said:

They just beat Stanford and have a chance to beat Oregon State for the Pac12 reg season title

Great comeback story for the program, but I don't see a chance of beating OSU. I'd say at least a 10 point win for the Beavers. Had Valencia and Schultz wrestled in the ASU dual, they probably lose that one by double digits rather than win by 1.

1 hour ago, wjd said:

Great comeback story for the program, but I don't see a chance of beating OSU. I'd say at least a 10 point win for the Beavers. Had Valencia and Schultz wrestled in the ASU dual, they probably lose that one by double digits rather than win by 1.

I don’t disagree, but it’s still awesome 

13 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Very cool, very nice.  I think they only lose 2 guys next year, too.  With a lineup shuffle back down to get a healthy Kemp in it ends up being only losing 1.

They lose Rotondo, Demas and Brawley Lamer... Kemp coming back would fill Lamer's spot. They also have several guys graduating but have another year of eligibility- It would depend on what they want to do. I can see a lot of teams coming after Truax pretty hard. Of course he might be heavyweight by next year...

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

They lose Rotondo, Demas and Brawley Lamer... Kemp coming back would fill Lamer's spot. They also have several guys graduating but have another year of eligibility- It would depend on what they want to do. I can see a lot of teams coming after Truax pretty hard. Of course he might be heavyweight by next year...

He weighed five pounds less on Day 2 of the Collegiate Duals (189.0lbs).  I don't think he goes heavyweight.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also, I thought Brawley had one more year?

They get another Lamer in at that weight so a drop would still be fitting.

He's listed as graduate.... but you know with the free year, just keep wrestling until someone says you can't.  Yes they god Daschle who is very good... He could slide into 174 very easily if they decide to not redshirt him. 

• Fire 1

56 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He weighed five pounds less on Day 2 of the Collegiate Duals (189.0lbs).  I don't think he goes heavyweight.

It was a joke referencing his weight increases every year.... he started at Cal Poly at 149 and goes up weight classes every year, so his trajectory is heavyweight next year. He has to be the guy who has gained the most weight from entering college to his senior year. 149 - 197. 

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

It was a joke referencing his weight increases every year.... he started at Cal Poly at 149 and goes up weight classes every year, so his trajectory is heavyweight next year. He has to be the guy who has gained the most weight from entering college to his senior year. 149 - 197. 

Oh, I know.

Similar, but not the same: UofM's Anthony Biondo wrestled 145 as a High School senior in 2005-06 and 197 as a Collegiate senior in 2010-11.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 2/19/2023 at 8:33 AM, wjd said:

Aged like milk!!  🙂

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1