• Playwire Ad Area

There’s Gonna Be Bedlam Tonight

Offthemat

5 hours ago, Idaho said:

Are you saying that his 3 wins last year over current top 12 Heavyweights is the "same thing that can be said" as one win over Rocky Elam? What is his best win besides Elam? 

There are 5 pretty good bets to AA at 197..... that leaves 3 spots where he would be fighting with the rest of 197 and he has lost to two of them that I don't consider good bets..... 2 spots by your calculations at Hwt.... He was the 19th seed at the NCAA last year....He's ranked 17 now.... seems like it was a trade off to go from HWT to 197, UNLESS he puts it in high gear in the post season and ends up an AA.  

He had 3 wins over the current top 12 heavyweights.  He didn't have 3 wins over top 12 heavyweights.  By your logic if any of the guys he beat this year get good next year at 197, that would matter.

10 hours ago, boconnell said:

He had 3 wins over the current top 12 heavyweights.  He didn't have 3 wins over top 12 heavyweights.  By your logic if any of the guys he beat this year get good next year at 197, that would matter.

Yes...that's exactly what I said - 3 wins last year  over  current top 12 heavies... because there is no other comparison, since you know, he isn't wrestling heavyweight this year. Do you have a better comparison of how he did last year at Heavy to how he is doing this year at 197? If so, I am all ears. 

Edited by Idaho

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

On 2/17/2023 at 11:45 AM, Chainsaw said:

Cowboys look like they are picking up a little momentum headed into the postseason, I was impressed with Carter getting the dub over a hot handed Mosha

I can agree with this. Overall lots of good offense from Okie State. Highlight of the night imo was Plott catching Picklo in an air bow and arrow during a scramble. Lowlight was the bad decision making by Sheets in the 3rd period. He should have won that match.

14 hours ago, Idaho said:

Yes...that's exactly what I said - 3 wins last year  over  current top 12 heavies... because there is no other comparison, since you know, he isn't wrestling heavyweight this year. Do you have a better comparison of how he did last year at Heavy to how he is doing this year at 197? If so, I am all ears. 

I do have a better comparison.  I'd compare how he did in 2022 against 2022 heavies, not how he did in 2022 against 2023 heavies.  Or I'd look into the future to see if any of his opponents this year are in the 2024 top 12 at 197.

16 hours ago, boconnell said:

I do have a better comparison.  I'd compare how he did in 2022 against 2022 heavies, not how he did in 2022 against 2023 heavies.  Or I'd look into the future to see if any of his opponents this year are in the 2024 top 12 at 197.

Neither of your examples compares his 2022 heavyweight season to his 2023 197 season in order to answer the question if the move in weigh classes has been better.  Let's just skip to the answer - Do you believe this move for him to go down has been better, worse or the same, and what is your reason for your answer? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

13 hours ago, Idaho said:

Neither of your examples compares his 2022 heavyweight season to his 2023 197 season in order to answer the question if the move in weigh classes has been better.  Let's just skip to the answer - Do you believe this move for him to go down has been better, worse or the same, and what is your reason for your answer? 

I believe it's been good for him.  197 is his obvious future, regardless of how strong the weight class is or isn't.  He was only up last year because of Ferrari.  He's wrestling where he wants to be and where he should be.  This was not a team motivated move.  They had Haas for 197 if Surber wanted to wrestle up.  He obviously didn't.