• Playwire Ad Area

There’s Gonna Be Bedlam Tonight

Offthemat

5 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Anybody know what happened to Mastro? I heard a rumour he was off the team. Was the FCC cracking down on his zoo operation?

Wait...what does this mean "his zoo operation?"

I'd assume it was a joke, but I'm just finding out that there are these things called "zoophilia." 

I found out because I did not believe someone on the subject and they started tagging me in posts that...I cannot ever delete as they are stamped on my brain and the inside of my eyelids. 

51 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

Wait...what does this mean "his zoo operation?"

I'd assume it was a joke, but I'm just finding out that there are these things called "zoophilia." 

I found out because I did not believe someone on the subject and they started tagging me in posts that...I cannot ever delete as they are stamped on my brain and the inside of my eyelids. 

He owns a zoo out there.

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I think it has been a success, but the impact has been somewhat muted by the depth of quality in the weight class

He had wins last year over 3  current top 12 heavyweights. I think 197 is a little better overall, but heavy has it's own hammers. I would say it's a trade-off.  It has been better for the team lineup but I am not sure it has been a better move for him personally.  We will see at the NCAA. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

54 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He had wins last year over 3  current top 12 heavyweights. I think 197 is a little better overall, but heavy has it's own hammers. I would say it's a trade-off.  It has been better for the team lineup but I am not sure it has been a better move for him personally.  We will see at the NCAA. 

He was a 1-2 guy at NCAA's last year. I think there are 6 pretty good bets to AA at HWT & Surber would struggle with all of them: Parris, Kerk, Cass, Davison, Hendrickson, Shultz. That leaves 2 spots left where he would be fighting with the rest of the HWT crowd. He could pull it off but the same thing can be said at 197 where he has a win over Rocky Elam.

8 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Anybody know what happened to Mastro? I heard a rumour he was off the team. Was the FCC cracking down on his zoo operation?

Rumor is dinged up/health issues.

Of course its also possible the wild ferrari escaped the cages and he's out chasing it down. 

I think it’s been a success.  Surber says he has no problem with weight and he has a better record than last year.  Doucet is the right size and has proven that he deserves to be on the mat and it has been better for the team.  

on another note; is it time for Roselli to turn over the helm to the next generation?  Would Dake or Taylor or Burroughs be a good fit?

9 hours ago, Gus said:

He was a 1-2 guy at NCAA's last year. I think there are 6 pretty good bets to AA at HWT & Surber would struggle with all of them: Parris, Kerk, Cass, Davison, Hendrickson, Shultz. That leaves 2 spots left where he would be fighting with the rest of the HWT crowd. He could pull it off but the same thing can be said at 197 where he has a win over Rocky Elam.

Are you saying that his 3 wins last year over current top 12 Heavyweights is the "same thing that can be said" as one win over Rocky Elam? What is his best win besides Elam? 

There are 5 pretty good bets to AA at 197..... that leaves 3 spots where he would be fighting with the rest of 197 and he has lost to two of them that I don't consider good bets..... 2 spots by your calculations at Hwt.... He was the 19th seed at the NCAA last year....He's ranked 17 now.... seems like it was a trade off to go from HWT to 197, UNLESS he puts it in high gear in the post season and ends up an AA.  

28 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Are you saying that his 3 wins last year over current top 12 Heavyweights is the "same thing that can be said" as one win over Rocky Elam? What is his best win besides Elam? 

There are 5 pretty good bets to AA at 197..... that leaves 3 spots where he would be fighting with the rest of 197 and he has lost to two of them that I don't consider good bets..... 2 spots by your calculations at Hwt.... He was the 19th seed at the NCAA last year....He's ranked 17 now.... seems like it was a trade off to go from HWT to 197, UNLESS he puts it in high gear in the post season and ends up an AA.  

My point is that Rocky is a legit title contender and Surber beat him. There is now way he’s beating the top 6 guys at HWT. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

I like Surber and Doucet better than Haas at 197 and Surber at heavy. In my opinion Luke was the best option at 197 after the AJ debacle. Carroll is coming in next year and could start at heavy as a freshman so Surber would have to go down eventually anyway. 

31 minutes ago, DPJ said:

I like Surber and Doucet better than Haas at 197 and Surber at heavy. In my opinion Luke was the best option at 197 after the AJ debacle. Carroll is coming in next year and could start at heavy as a freshman so Surber would have to go down eventually anyway. 

I agree that it's better for the team lineup - and maybe for down the road as well. However, prior to this season when it was announced he was going to 197, there was a lot of chatter on this (old) board that he was going to be way better at 197 and possibly a title threat.... I see it as  similar results overall and more of  a trade off at this point... but he could kick it up a notch come NCAA. 

Edited by Idaho