• Playwire Ad Area

Seeding Criteria

MizzouFan01

Looking ahead to the B12 tournament coming up, I was wondering. Who holds seeding criteria between R Elam, Surber and Batistida? All three are 1-1 HT. Elam beat Batistida, loss to Surber. Surber beats Elam, loss to Batistida. Batistida beat Surber, loss to Elam. Anyone know where each would be seeded? I want to guess Rocky gets the 1, but wasn’t sure based off the Surber loss. Elam, Surber, Younger, Sloan was my guess as to the top 4 at 197 in the B12.

25 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Looking ahead to the B12 tournament coming up, I was wondering. Who holds seeding criteria between R Elam, Surber and Batistida? All three are 1-1 HT. Elam beat Batistida, loss to Surber. Surber beats Elam, loss to Batistida. Batistida beat Surber, loss to Elam. Anyone know where each would be seeded? I want to guess Rocky gets the 1, but wasn’t sure based off the Surber loss. Elam, Surber, Younger, Sloan was my guess as to the top 4 at 197 in the B12.

Guessing - whoever has the most conference wins overall gets higher seed. So if any of them missed conference matches that could hurt. 

Trackwrestling has seeding information from last years tournament.... if you can figure out what it means. It "seems" to indicate total winning percentage rather than conference wins as criteria. 

https://www.trackwrestling.com/predefinedtournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&TIM=1676599321031&pageName=%2Fpredefinedtournaments%2FTournamentCriteria.jsp&twSessionId=qcrcsqdmvf

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 - 2 - 3 seem clear cut to me.

4 - 5 - 6 can be in any order.

Surber has a shit tonne of losses on the year.  One good win won't earn him a Top 3 seed.

Eliminating Surber from the 'three' OP mentions due to multiple conference losses makes it easy.  Elam has win over the guy who beat Sloan and over Batista.  Sloan is 19-1 where Batista is 14-4.  4-5-6 could be any order.  If they put emphasis on winning percentage or even inner conference winning percentage then Surber could end up the 6.  I think they will weight the win over Elam (as they should) and give him the 4.

I know I put him at 5 and not 4 in the screenshot here, but I do think they give him the 4.

Screenshots_2023-02-17-09-13-53.png

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Sloan also has a win over Surber so I think he would be the 1 seed. He is the only guy undefeated in conference.

I could see that as well.  I had said Elam 1 and Sloan 2 based on the Andy Smith result, however weighting conference results makes more sense.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

1 - 2 - 3 seem clear cut to me.

4 - 5 - 6 can be in any order.

Surber has a shit tonne of losses on the year.  One good win won't earn him a Top 3 seed.

Eliminating Surber from the 'three' OP mentions due to multiple conference losses makes it easy.  Elam has win over the guy who beat Sloan and over Batista.  Sloan is 19-1 where Batista is 14-4.  4-5-6 could be any order.  If they put emphasis on winning percentage or even inner conference winning percentage then Surber could end up the 6.  I think they will weight the win over Elam (as they should) and give him the 4.

I know I put him at 5 and not 4 in the screenshot here, but I do think they give him the 4.

Screenshots_2023-02-17-09-13-53.png

Big 12 records?