• Playwire Ad Area

Indiana at Chattanooga

Southend

14 hours ago, Chainsaw said:

Palmer v Porter has potential

As does the 149 match. Castillo for Chattanooga and G. Rooks for Indiana. Castillo won their only meeting last year. This is going to be a good teams match up ,if the starters can and will wrestle. 

1 hour ago, Chainsaw said:

Indiana wins 32-3 with Porter over Palmer 8-3, Rooks over Castillo 6-4 & Washington over Jordan 3-1. Indiana avengers last years 22-15 Chattanooga victory closing out the dual season 8-5

Is this what qualifies as a” beat down “ ?  Man, bring back Pennsylvania State! I think we’re ready now. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Southend said:

Is this what qualifies as a” beat down “ ?  Man, bring back Pennsylvania State! I think we’re ready now. 

No need to bring Transylvania state back, but it’s cool watching the Hoosiers making positive strides this season

Indiana’s depth is not there yet. But they continue to get after it every dual. They have from the very start of Escabedos takeover. Last year was a step back and didnt look good. I don’t know what was going on but they are back to more normal this year. 
Recruiting is still the stickler, as it is for all lower tiered programs. The elite school kids seek out winners college programs, that won’t change. Winning cures most ailments. 

I just watched Seth Nevelis walk out for Penn State’s senior night dual. Coming out of high school dude was a hammer 4x CA state champ 2nd @ Flo national. As he made his walk I was thinking of all the 4&5 star kids that get buried in a select few rooms around the country as they are constantly getting recruited over. I prefer to watch programs on the come up and IU fits the bill right now 

• Fire 1

Offers from these big name coaches are hard to turn down, from the  starry eyed kids in high school. A lot ride the pine ,all four years ,as practice dummies. And probably have to pay for their own education. I’m sure they get better ,but never have the chance to make a name for themselves,  a shame as far as I’m concerned. 

1 hour ago, Southend said:

Offers from these big name coaches are hard to turn down, from the  starry eyed kids in high school. A lot ride the pine ,all four years ,as practice dummies. And probably have to pay for their own education. I’m sure they get better ,but never have the chance to make a name for themselves,  a shame as far as I’m concerned. 

They get many chances, especially in the current age of the transfer portal. Someone like Nevills would have been welcomed with open arms at the majority of programs. But it was his choice to stay at PSU. He did what he wanted to do. No shame in that.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

You’re right, it is the boys own choosing. And I ,like you ,have nothing in it. This is why we have, in the D1 level, only 4or 5 schools with a chance to win every year. Saying 4 or 5 maybe a Stretch. It’s a shame to me ,for many reasons and on many levels.