• Playwire Ad Area

And Glory looks injured

BigRedFan

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

He was holding his shoulder but limping off the mat? So .... two injuries? 

It was weird.  Trying to figure out what actually was injured, given how he seemingly limped off.  Definitely hurt his right shoulder, though.  Maybe it hurt so bad it affected his gait?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Glory was apparently cruising to a major dec. when Bailey hit a reversal in the closing seconds of the third.

The injury probably happened during the reversal, but  not entirely sure.

D3

I think it was 8-4 at the time, with RT locked up.  Bailey really cranked Glory's right arm in an awkward way as part of a reversal.  That allowed him
to get the reversal to make it 8-6 and end Glory's (Senior) night.

8 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

I think it was 8-4 at the time, with RT locked up.  Bailey really cranked Glory's right arm in an awkward way as part of a reversal.  That allowed him
to get the reversal to make it 8-6 and end Glory's (Senior) night.

From LEHIGH's twitter feed...

·
Bailey holds Glory to a 12-5 decision. Princeton 3, Lehigh 0

And from Princeton's twitter feed...
No. 2-ranked Patrick Glory is a 12-5 winner over Lehigh's Carter Bailey at 125 to open tonight's match as Princeton leads 3-0!

AND, of course, no mention of the injury from them. (Naturally, of course. 😉)
D3
Edited by D3 for LU

1 hour ago, D3 for LU said:
From LEHIGH's twitter feed...

·
Bailey holds Glory to a 12-5 decision. Princeton 3, Lehigh 0

And from Princeton's twitter feed...
No. 2-ranked Patrick Glory is a 12-5 winner over Lehigh's Carter Bailey at 125 to open tonight's match as Princeton leads 3-0!

AND, of course, no mention of the injury from them. (Naturally, of course. 😉)
D3

Correct you are.

• Fire 1

Princeton University senior national finalist Pat Glory signed autographs, shook hands and smiled for pictures after the Princeton University wrestling team’s 24-12 Senior Night loss to Lehigh Saturday night.

A few hours later, Glory admitted he couldn’t imagine doing any of those things after leaving the mat in pain at the conclusion of his 125-pound match against Lehigh on Saturday night at Jadwin Gym.

Glory couldn’t lift his right arm after Lehigh’s Carter Bailey reversed him in the final seconds for points that turned what was about to be an 11-2 major decision into an 11-4 decision for the Princeton senior.

Glory said he suffered what felt like a stinger similar to an injury he suffered in last year’s NCAA final against Michigan’s Nick Suriano and agreed the concern on his face was real.

“Right after the match it was really bad, it’s feeling better now,” said Glory. “It’s starting to loosen up, but I thought I broke my neck or popped my shoulder out. Everything went numb on my right side. That scared me a little bit. I couldn’t really move my arm, couldn’t really lift it, but it was the same feeling I got from NCAA finals.

“It’s been kind of giving me a little issue and try to moderate it the best I can. Certain positions it’s giving me problems, and I have to mitigate it and figure out how to wrestle through it.”

A two-time state champion at Delbarton, Glory has become a three-time All-American at Princeton and a 2021 national finalist, losing to Suriano, who transferred to Michigan from Rutgers for his senior year. Glory is ranked No. 2 nationally behind three-time national champion Spencer Lee of Iowa by most national web sites.

Glory missed time earlier this season with a soft tissue injury and flirted with a move to 133 before deciding to commit to a final run at 125. He is 16-0 this season.

An injury is concerning this late in the season. Princeton has one more match on Friday at Bucknell before the EIWA Tournament at the University of Pennsylvania on March 4 and 5, then the NCAA Tournament in Tulsa, Okla. from March 16-18.

Princeton coach Chris Ayres said at this point he thinks Glory will wrestle against Bucknell.

“He’s fine, it was the same thing as the NCAA final,” said Ayres. “He’s got to keep getting down. Part of the battle is making weight. We’ll play it by ear this week, obviously so he’ll be a game-time decision,but as of now he’ll probably wrestle. I’m not worried.”

• Fire 1

Has Glory considered removing the arm to more effectively make 125? A bonus side effect is that Lee would not be able to run his patented arm bar tilt to half nelson series without both arms. Just thinking out loud here folks.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

i am an idiot on the internet

23 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Has Glory considered removing the arm to more effectively make 125? A bonus side effect is that Lee would not be able to run his patented arm bar tilt to half nelson series without both arms. Just thinking out loud here folks.

50DBAADB-8F0F-43B9-A415-BB4BF3401674.gif.a50b8324608046447ebc3a6b0f2edcdd.gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

rinceton University senior national finalist Pat Glory signed autographs, shook hands and smiled for pictures after the Princeton University wrestling team’s 24-12 Senior Night loss to Lehigh Saturday night.

A few hours later, Glory admitted he couldn’t imagine doing any of those things after leaving the mat in pain at the conclusion of his 125-pound match against Lehigh on Saturday night at Jadwin Gym.

Glory couldn’t lift his right arm after Lehigh’s Carter Bailey reversed him in the final seconds for points that turned what was about to be an 11-2 major decision into an 11-4 decision for the Princeton senior.

Glory said he suffered what felt like a stinger similar to an injury he suffered in last year’s NCAA final against Michigan’s Nick Suriano and agreed the concern on his face was real.

“Right after the match it was really bad, it’s feeling better now,” said Glory. “It’s starting to loosen up, but I thought I broke my neck or popped my shoulder out. Everything went numb on my right side. That scared me a little bit. I couldn’t really move my arm, couldn’t really lift it, but it was the same feeling I got from NCAA finals.

“It’s been kind of giving me a little issue and try to moderate it the best I can. Certain positions it’s giving me problems, and I have to mitigate it and figure out how to wrestle through it.”

A two-time state champion at Delbarton, Glory has become a three-time All-American at Princeton and a 2021 national finalist, losing to Suriano, who transferred to Michigan from Rutgers for his senior year. Glory is ranked No. 2 nationally behind three-time national champion Spencer Lee of Iowa by most national web sites.

Glory missed time earlier this season with a soft tissue injury and flirted with a move to 133 before deciding to commit to a final run at 125. He is 16-0 this season.

An injury is concerning this late in the season. Princeton has one more match on Friday at Bucknell before the EIWA Tournament at the University of Pennsylvania on March 4 and 5, then the NCAA Tournament in Tulsa, Okla. from March 16-18.

Princeton coach Chris Ayres said at this point he thinks Glory will wrestle against Bucknell.

“He’s fine, it was the same thing as the NCAA final,” said Ayres. “He’s got to keep getting down. Part of the battle is making weight. We’ll play it by ear this week, obviously so he’ll be a game-time decision,but as of now he’ll probably wrestle. I’m not worried.”

Just curious, BigRedFan... where did you get that quote concerning Glory and the injury?

An inquiring mind wants to know... if you can, that is. 😏

D3 

Edited by D3 for LU

22 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Just curious, BigRedFan... where did you get that quote concerning Glory and the injury?

An inquiring mind wants to know... if you can, that is. 😏

D3 

Sorry, I should have included the link.  https://www.nj.com/sports/2023/02/princeton-wrestling-national-finalist-pat-glory-leaves-match-with-apparent-injury.html

• Fire 1

Tanxs for that info, BigRed. I used to peruse thru NJ.com regulary until the put up a paywall on that site.

(It appears that the link above IS free to view (some things, like the weekly top 20-25 NJHS rankings are blocked and you would have to subcribe to view them.)

D3