• Playwire Ad Area

What idiot coaches vote in the NCAA Coaches poll?

BigRedFan

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

This is honestly probably the most likely scenario. I can think of any other situation where RYB would not be 1st without dishonesty or just a flat out mistake

i think it's pretty clearly just a mistake. we know what happened. we just don't know who did it. it's well documented that coaches don't put any effort into these

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

i think it's pretty clearly just a mistake. we know what happened. we just don't know who did it. it's well documented that coaches don't put any effort into these

It was brought up on FRL that RBY, Yianni and Kerk were not included in the first coaches rankings due to not enough matches so people (Zeke Jones it seems) may have just copied those ones exactly.  Which I guess is possible

3 hours ago, Red Blades said:

I'm not so sure - 

- RPI

- head-to-head competition

- quality wins

- conference tournament placement

- results versus common opponents

- win percentage.

As of now, Fix and Vito look like they have the advantage in RPI.  If Fix and Vito both win out the remaining schedule, and win their conference tournaments, there may be little else to separate them.

Hmm, probably true

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

It was brought up on FRL that RBY, Yianni and Kerk were not included in the first coaches rankings due to not enough matches so people (Zeke Jones it seems) may have just copied those ones exactly.  Which I guess is possible

I heard that too. But the problem with that theory (a coach was using the previous spreadsheet which did not have those three due to match count) is that Spencer Lee was also not on the previous spreadsheet, but he still got the full compliment of votes this time around.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

33 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I heard that too. But the problem with that theory (a coach was using the previous spreadsheet which did not have those three due to match count) is that Spencer Lee was also not on the previous spreadsheet, but he still got the full compliment of votes this time around.

Well ... everyone has head of Spencer F Lee!!

Who really knows what an RbY is?  Easy to miss.

Edited by ionel

57 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I saw that.  And Zeke had a vote for 125 too…

Which is another a stupid thing about this process…each conference gets 2 votes for every weight, regardless of the size of the conference.  So Zeke gets 4 votes but Cael only gets 2.

Edited by 1032004

Just now, 1032004 said:

I saw that.  And Zeke had a vote for 125 too…

Which is another a stupid vote about this process…each conference gets 2 votes for every weight, regardless of the size of the conference.  So Zeke gets 4 votes but Cael only gets 2.

Although… Coaches rank has Courtney tied for 7, so keeping Lee at 1 keeps him on the opposite side.  
There’s probably a decent chance Courtney ends up at 6 or 7.

He likely isn’t passing Lee, Barnett (lost H2H), Glory or Cardinale.  1 or 2 other B10 guys probably stay ahead of him, but he could jump the rest.

Probably thinking way too much into this lol…

18 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

hahaha come on just take the L. it was a very obvious joke. "ashton desalvo" wasn't obvious enough for you?

Thought the face looked familiar!  It was the Luther College part that threw me off.  I still think that part was unnecessary.  

Also, unlike Minnow, I will admit to an L! (at least a little)

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

RBY did his talking on the mat vs Maryland.  7 TDs in the first period, 14 in total for the third period techfall.

(PS - the PSU announcer on the BTN+ network described RBY's #3 ranking as "an embarrassment for the sport".  Just FYI.)

Edited by lightweight