• Playwire Ad Area

Oklahoma State over Michigan 24-15

BaldAt23

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

I didn't realize 7k was 5 figures!

7,555  😉

Couple things (maybe 5) they were getting 7,800 standing room only in a 7,200 capacity Gallagher back when the univ attendance was ~14k.  How many ~45k universities today can't get 2.5k? The big meets were Bedlam/OU and Iowa State, those three were almost always top 3-5 programs then along came ASU.  ~1985 they expanded to ~13,615 had a new record 14,059 couple years ago for Iowa.  All the other big time arenas, might be less than 5, are basketball where they alow em to hold a wrestling event.  

If you look ^^^ yes there are 5 figures, maybe more.  🙂

btw:  I'm gonna ask my good buddy Wkn to run the figures for a data table on the top D1 wrestling dual meet attendance/student population events over time, lets give him 5 days to put it together. 

Edited by ionel

On 2/4/2023 at 11:33 AM, Cowboy08 said:

The fact that you had to pay to watch this dual is an absolute joke. I was looking forward to it since it was first announced but I refuse to pay for Rokfin out of principle.  

I already pay for Flo, Big 10+, Big 10 network, ACC network and I live in New York and got Rutgers season tickets which is 2 hours away from me in Jersey just to support the sport since they are the best "local" team even though I have no real allegiance to them, just to watch as much wrestling as I can. I paid $100 for Rokfin last year and the price went up already to $150 this year then you have to pay extra on top of that for their "ppv events". I support wrestling as much as anyone I know and I feel like they are trying to bleed me dry and I've had enough

I'm right there with you. I understand supporting wrestling, and paying for content, but there's a limit to what's fair. Rokfin isn't about fair, they tilt into 'greed' territory.

• Fire 2

52 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I'm right there with you. I understand supporting wrestling, and paying for content, but there's a limit to what's fair. Rokfin isn't about fair, they tilt into 'greed' territory.

"Rokfin" doesn't determine anything. The individual channels do.

I went with non PPV. So it was no additional charge for those existing subscribers. On what planet is that 'greedy'? 

• Fire 3

TBD

7 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

I went with non PPV. So it was no additional charge for those existing subscribers. On what planet is that 'greedy'? 

I didn't get a chance go watch this one but good on you for not following the trend of the layered payment system. 

On 2/3/2023 at 11:00 PM, BaldAt23 said:

Surprised by this results, Oklahoma State came to wrestle

On 2/3/2023 at 11:05 PM, Fadzaev2 said:

Michigan had 3 or 4 backups in due to injuries.....Mattin, Amine, and Lamars out off the top of my head.

This is D1 wrestling ,now days men. It is a long drawn out season. Dual meets mean nothing ,in the big picture . Purely side exhibition and entertainment. Us fans, supporters need not worry or complain, it’s kosher now in the coaches circles to hold guys to make sure they peak in March. And this also gives friends and families of back ups ,a chance to actually watch their guy in a live match on the big stage. How could this not be entertaining?

• Fire 1

16 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

On the contrary, "Rokfin" does. "Rokfin" increased their annual subscription fee by 50%. "Rokfin" only allows an annual subscription - not monthly - so I have to pay for 75% of the year that I don't use (which is NOT what ESPN or BTN do - although mostly what Flo does.) In addition to that, the trend was for more and more channels to require additional PPV fees for events (for this season and last, EVERYTHING wrestling-related that I was interested in on Rokfin carried a PPV fee - 100%) Although the PPV fee decision is made by channels, not Rokfin, I lumped them together for sake of simplicity and brevity. (But, yes, they are two separate layers of fees.)

That combination, on this planet and in my opinion, is what I consider 'greedy.' 

But I see your point. Having chosen to go with non PPV - you're bucking the trend. Had I known that (rather than assuming it would be PPV based on past experience), I may have reconsidered. In any case, I like your choice, and I don't include you in the set of those I consider greedy.

• Fire 1

36 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you're correct on the sub price hike.

but not the sub plan. there are monthly plans. you're the first person i've seen/heard claim that. 

If you buy on the internet a lot you are more savvy to some of the tricks.  There is a monthly option, but the registration interface defaults you into the annual unless you choose monthly.  Flo is worse by sending push notifications telling you how much you'd save by going annual.  But for Flo I just canceled my annual sub because I feel they add more value in early season tournaments.  If I have to miss EIWA tourny this year, so be it.  

Edited by flyingcement

20 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you're correct on the sub price hike.

but not the sub plan. there are monthly plans. you're the first person i've seen/heard claim that. 

19 hours ago, flyingcement said:

If you buy on the internet a lot you are more savvy to some of the tricks.  There is a monthly option, but the registration interface defaults you into the annual unless you choose monthly.  Flo is worse by sending push notifications telling you how much you'd save by going annual.  But for Flo I just canceled my annual sub because I feel they add more value in early season tournaments.  If I have to miss EIWA tourny this year, so be it.  

I gave up on Rokfin quite a while ago. The last time I looked (which was a while ago) the only option I saw was annual - and I didn't subscribe. When I do try to check on pricing from time to time - it's not clearly available.

• Try it yourself - go to https://www.rokfin.com/ and see if you can find out without having to sign up and give them your info.
    • Scroll down, as I did a minute ago, and in the 'The RAE Network' section - click 'Learn more' - you'll get a 'This page has been removed' error.
    • Scroll to the bottom - see a 'Pricing' link? No, there isn't one. Maybe some internet gymnastics will get you there. I'm not interested in it. If you want to sell me something, give me the price up front. Otherwise, you're too shifty for my taste.

Bottom line - This is a crap business model. I can't easily find pricing without giving up my information first? Absolute garbage. That's the guy at the used car lot who you walk away from.

@flyingcement Thanks for the post. I didn't get that far, kicked them to the curb well before that.

• Fire 1