• Playwire Ad Area

Oklahoma State over Michigan 24-15

BaldAt23

Stinks that some guys were hurt.   

At 165, of all the people they could have used, why in the world did they insert Consulelos?  A wrestler who will probably never win a collegiate match, and is basically window dressing for the program.  OK to use in a dual against a lesser program with sufficient talent, but not in a match against a school like Oklahoma State and a ranked opponent.

The fact that you had to pay to watch this dual is an absolute joke. I was looking forward to it since it was first announced but I refuse to pay for Rokfin out of principle.  

I already pay for Flo, Big 10+, Big 10 network, ACC network and I live in New York and got Rutgers season tickets which is 2 hours away from me in Jersey just to support the sport since they are the best "local" team even though I have no real allegiance to them, just to watch as much wrestling as I can. I paid $100 for Rokfin last year and the price went up already to $150 this year then you have to pay extra on top of that for their "ppv events". I support wrestling as much as anyone I know and I feel like they are trying to bleed me dry and I've had enough

• Fire 3

7 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Televised?  On pay per view?  How big was that audience?  I wonder why they bothered to have it at all.  The announcer said the crowd was small. 

The only real thing that stood out was that it was in a big stadium with a few pyrotechnics.  From the camera, the stadium seemed mostly empty.

Hardell Moore and Austin Sommer did a nice job of announcing and commentating.

The scoring displays were awful - even worse than Big 10+ and Flo.

2 hours ago, Sheerstress said:

The only real thing that stood out was that it was in a big stadium with a few pyrotechnics.  From the camera, the stadium seemed mostly empty.

Hardell Moore and Austin Sommer did a nice job of announcing and commentating.

The scoring displays were awful - even worse than Big 10+ and Flo.

Espnu carried the Fairfield-Quinnipiac game instead. 

21 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Televised?  On pay per view?  How big was that audience?  I wonder why they bothered to have it at all.  The announcer said the crowd was small. 

Maybe I should've used "broadcast" or "streamed" although that is how many these days use their "televisions."

The dual will broadcast live on the MatScouts Rokfin Page. This is not a pay-per-view event so you can watch if you already subscribe to InterMat or MatScouts on Rokfin.

"Big" (for Michigan) as in hyped and held at a special venue (promoted as a event) where Michigan has been deemed a worthy opponent for a historically great program.

But all these details have nothing to do with the point of my response.  I'll consider that par for the course.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Maybe I should've used "broadcast" or "streamed" although that is how many these days use their "televisions."

The dual will broadcast live on the MatScouts Rokfin Page. This is not a pay-per-view event so you can watch IF you already subscribe to InterMat or MatScouts on Rokfin.

"Big" (for Michigan) as in hyped and held at a special venue (promoted as a event) where Michigan has been deemed a worthy opponent for a historically great program.

But all these details have nothing to do with the point of my response.  I'll consider that par for the course.

I understand and applaud the scheduling of the match, but not the venue nor broadcast.  If is a big word.  In defense of espn, the Fairfield-Quinnipiac game drew almost twice the attendance.  I have no knowledge of Consuelo money or tv.

We also need to understand our ceiling - since the 1940s, we’ve had (at last count) 105 duals ever draw five figures in attendance and the vast majority of those in Iowa City, Ames or University Park (State College doesn’t get the dateline anymore for some reason). The 2000+ at the ballpark is a decent crowd for college wrestling duals - but Oklahoma State’s largest crowd this year was just north of 4100.

• Fire 1

Insert catchy tagline here. 

6 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

We also need to understand our ceiling - since the 1940s, we’ve had (at last count) 105 duals ever draw five figures in attendance and the vast majority of those in Iowa City, Ames or University Park (State College doesn’t get the dateline anymore for some reason). The 2000+ at the ballpark is a decent crowd for college wrestling duals - but Oklahoma State’s largest crowd this year was just north of 4100.

Since the 40s, don't think so, OSU had many 7k+ before any knew that Iowa & Penn St even existed and they've had many since, ~13k after GIA expansion.